Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping with the rebuild of a 1972 GTV. While I'm aware that "appearances aren't everything", in my opinion, the underhood look of a car is very important. So, if any Alfa owners have engines "so clean you could eat off them" (but why you would want to, I don't know), ideas for organization and placement of components to make access/maintenance easier, or simple dress-up items, I would appreciate photos and details.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on people, we need pictures. We know you're proud of your cars-and rightfully so.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been to that thread, and while there are many pictures of engines and engine bays, it is not exactly what I was hinting at. My request was HOW to set up the engine compartment for maximum functionality, ease of maintenance, and coolness factor. I have accepted that people aren't interested in posting their ideas and pictures relating to that specific theme...but I still think a lot of members would like to view them. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, that was what I was thinking of; as important as the motor, what's going on where the motor hangs out. I figured that some people out there in member-land might have done something along those lines and perhaps would want to share their successes. I suppose I could do a lot worse than following Alfaholics' lead.:)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Thanks, that was what I was thinking of; as important as the motor, what's going on where the motor hangs out. I figured that some people out there in member-land might have done something along those lines and perhaps would want to share their successes. I suppose I could do a lot worse than following Alfaholics' lead.:)

We've moved the game on a bit since we finished Max's car all those years back. It's all "invisible" wiring and machined-from-billet cam covers these days. Except for my own Alfa 75 which looks just like you'd expect a car that has 160,000 miles + on the clock, the last 70,000 of which were done with a leaking head gasket.

Have a look at what I've posted in the other thread. There's more in the "Customer car builds" section of our Workshop pages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts