Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase an Alfa 164S, with manual transmission. Were all the S's manual??. Can anyone tell me what years 164S were made? What color interior/exterior combinations were available?

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
All "S" 164s are manual, as these are the "Sport" version. The model years are 1991, 1992 and 1993. (The 164 Q was introduced in '94.) They were available in only three exterior colors: red, black and white. They all have the black spoiler kit. The standard leather interior was the same for all the cars. It was black, and the instrument dash was covered in leather and had stitching around it and around the shift boot. Optional on the "S" were the Recaro seats, which came in black or tan.

I would also encourage you to visit the 164 Forum and perform a search on this topic.

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the answer. Regarding the optional Recaro seats, is the only difference the color or is the design different also?

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
The Recaro's shape and support is different, they a distinct leather pattern, and look very different from the standard seats. They also had different (and additional) controls to adjust the fit. They look very cool, and it's definitely a plus to find an "S" with that option. If you do, ask the seller if has the Recaro booklet that came with the car's with this option.

Best regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts