Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The harsh sun here in Oz is not kind to external rubber parts so replacement is inevitable. Almost all of the 105 Rubber and plastic seals are available as reproduction parts of mostly good quality.

The one obscure part that I have never been able to replace properly is the grommet, which seals the lock on the trunk of the Giulia saloon. Over the years, like many owners I have tracked down lengths of "u" shaped rubber edge seals of various types to fill the gap. Carefully cut and glued them, fiddled them into the gap around the lock in a perfect circle. After a few weeks they usually deform, revealing a gap and eventually they split and dags hang out and stop sealing.

Last year I designed a reproduction using a frayed but passable original and took it to my rubber molding man with an order for two prototypes. The first set needed adjusting but the second set fit perfectly. I have had 50 made at vast expense.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I will check my Ti, and if I need one, can I PM you to perhaps obtain one, inc. $ cost/postage and how to arrange this. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trunk Lock Seals

Hi Dave,

PM me by all means! I have posted them in the Parts For Sale section as well, but the adds get lost pretty quickly.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,566 Posts
Are these also used on a 2000 Berlina? I know my trunk knob just rattles around back there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts