Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Our cars were robbed some years ago, and the beauty of the thing was the thief (a drug-addict kid who lived down the street and was eventually caught) couldn't find the trunk release in my spider, so he couldn't get in. Priceless!! It was unlocked the whole time. Thankfully he didn't try a crowbar. My car has been through enough in its life.

To give my town a better name, this wasn't in Sunnyvale. :)

Had mine for 2 years, and in that time took my elderly mother on a few rides through the countryside during that period.

Last fall, (after she'd seen the car many times), she just found out it actually had a trunk. :)

With regard to a difficult to operate hood release, in my case I disasembled the front latch and plate in the hood. Cleaned out all the petrified heavy grease that PO's and their jiffylube maintenance programs had stuck there. Added a moderate coat of GM Lubriplate (white grease). The latch has an unusual rotating action, so get the grit out. Motorcycle cable luber, just like I used on the trunk cable. Result? One finger operation. No more hood slams either.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.