Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing research on a car with the gold plate of the subject club. Car was imported in November. Website is spotty and unresponsive. Can anyone give me a lead on how to find the ASI records of the car?

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Doing research on a car with the gold plate of the subject club. Car was imported in November. Website is spotty and unresponsive. Can anyone give me a lead on how to find the ASI records of the car?
Along with the Gold Plate there should be a brochure (the ASI homologation) reporting car data and notes. Don't you have it?

Contact them here: [email protected]

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Along with the Gold Plate there should be a brochure (the ASI homologation) reporting car data and notes. Don't you have it?

Contact them here: [email protected]
I will try to contact them again, thanks. My previous e-mail inquiries went unanswered.
I don't put a lot of importance to the gold plate other than interest in the criteria to secure one and previous owner contact who applied for it.. Thanks Francisco.. This is about the GT Jr we were hunting down.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Even if you find the documents, you can't assume you can trust them. All they certify is "to the best of our knowledge" (and "the payment check cleared"). I've seen more than one Lancia Fulvia whose ASI certification wasn't worth the gold plating on the oval.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even if you find the documents, you can't assume you can trust them. All they certify is "to the best of our knowledge" (and "the payment check cleared"). I've seen more than one Lancia Fulvia whose ASI certification wasn't worth the gold plating on the oval.
I agree with you, Ed. "Homologation" papers on this car are sort of like "so-what" to me. My aim was to try to track down the string of ownership.
The plaque is impressive but anyone with a check and a camera can get one, it seems.. sort of like AAA. They did respond and tell me "privacy" issues prevented them from divulging the original applicant. I've seen a few "historic" fakes like the "Sanesi" spider sporting these plaques so I don't put a lot of credence in them. Makes for good conversation though. I chuckle everytime I see a car advertised as having the ASI predigree.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
From a superficial check you car had four owners before you and was first registered on May 5, 1969 (its birthday is coming!).

The only way to track down the history of your car is to ask for the "Estratto Cronologico".
The issue is that the Estratto Cronologico costs €70 and you cannot be sure to have all the information you want until you read it. It's quite like gambling.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Francisco, thanks for your post. It's really not too important other than trying to verify the mileage and repaint history and no metal work. The car has only 58000 Kms and shows it albeit the interior has been redone and the paint to a very high standard. The sale, through a Dutch rep, was with an owner in Padua not the car's original home. The obvious way to check the lineage is to go to him and track it backwards from there. It shouldn't be too difficult.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Is there a website where one can input an Italian plate number to view registration history, as with some other EU countries?
Upon payment yes, it is. Actually there are many who provide this kind of service but it's expensive and, as just said, there's no warranty to have the whole car history, especially for older cars.

https://www.pratiche.it/certificato_cronologico_pra

1 - 13 of 13 Posts