Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As has been noted here, the Autobooks-Aerobooks store in Burbank is now owned by Chuck Forward and Tina Van Curen. Not their least motivation was Tina's long-standing desire to take charge of ACE, formerly known as "Miss Information", which has been owned by the bookstore for a couple of years now. She and Chuck asked me to re-design the magazine, and to consider the possibility of taking over its production. Well, just as I was getting the design part wrapped up, the production guy handed in his resignation, effective immediately, and all of a sudden I had me a magazine to do...about two weeks before the publishing deadline! Hey, I guess I'm not retired anymore...

If you haven't seen this thing, it lists six months' worth of car-related events in California, Nevada and Arizona, plus car club websites and hotlines, and lists of service provider websites and car museums. As of this issue it also offers car-related, noncommercial classifieds. All of these listings are free to anyone - you don't have to be a subscriber, though we don't discourage that, either. For access to subscription information, to submit any listings or classifieds, and for commercial ad rate information, go to www.autobooks-aerobooks.com and click on ACE. And if you'd like to see a copy of the magazine, let me know. My email is in my profile.

Will Owen

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Welcome, Will! Congratulations on the new gig - sounds like a great challenge for you. Sometime we'll have to make our trips to Nashville coincide, preferably on a flea market weekend. Look forward to seeing more of you here.

Bill Sinclair

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this point we only get back in October, for our annual PowWow gathering at Wigwam Village in Cave City, KY. So we never get to the flea market. Of course, if I could persuade Tina that we really need an article on the Lane Museum...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts