Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,428 Posts
Pretty cool looking.

They didn't mention the price, but I bet it would cost many times the price of the fastest Tesla (the new Roadster), which has just about similar performance. Even the Tesla S P100D, a much more practical vehicle, in Ludicrous Mode is close in performance at most likely a small fraction of the cost.

Still, that is a cool looking hyper car.

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
Looks just like a Ferrari, McLaren, etc ... yawn.

But its helping the electric car image
Pete

·
Premium Member
15,428 Posts
Well, I wonder about that, since the aim for the market is to come out with lower cost electric cars, and this just isn't that at all. Would just continue to make people think that they are still too expensive, ie, still for the 0.1 percent types.

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
Well, I wonder about that, since the aim for the market is to come out with lower cost electric cars, and this just isn't that at all. Would just continue to make people think that they are still too expensive, ie, still for the 0.1 percent types.
This car dispels the myth that electric cars are slow and pathetic. That was what I meant.
Pete

·
Premium Member
15,428 Posts
Ok, but remember that the Tesla S/X models disproved that some time ago. The ones I rode in certainly dispelled that notion for me. They were stinking fast, and beautifully built. Good enough I think.

I've seen the Tesla 3 up close, and while it appears now to be nicely built, only time will tell of course. Does look decent, except I sure don't like the lack of dash in front of the driver, just having only the TV screen in the middle. Ugh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts