Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to disturb the technical questions routines here, but came over an ad. for an seldom car for sale, which could have general interest. So a little time out here.
The car is for sale in Italy for a lot of money(70t EUR= 90t USD) so its not for regular people. Probably interested parties could get it for a lot less, as the price seems a little bit inflated:) For most people the photos shows what a Gr.A car is all about. How they got 230Hp out of the 2.5L with original plenum and manifolds is still a bit of a riddle.

Here a link to the advert.

Alfa Romeo GTV 6 Gr. A - Pkw: Detailansicht

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
90K wow, Thats astronomical. I could think of a few hundred other types of cars I would buy first. I honestly don't see 90K in justification. Look at the work JungleJuice gets to do to those milanos. I bet he'd love to sell them for 90K.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Boy that does seem a little obscene, and I'm all for appreciating GTV6 prices. Especially as that engine looks pretty stock. 230hp?

·
Registered
923 Posts
70.000 euros??

Oh my god...

Some years ago, the very same Loubet car, the fastest Group A rally racer ever built, was for sale at 30.000 euros. It was a pretty sum of money for such car, but I can assure the car was loaded with lots of nice Autodelta bits and it's a great piece of Alfa racing history with 3 class wins in a row in WRC Corsica Rally (84,85 and 86).

Well, this car is a John Doe.

Does this car have, to justify that huge price,....

- Ergal wishbones?
- Big brakes? with stock single pump and servo?
- Big torsion bars?
- Torsion bar regulators?
- Regulable Koni shocks?
- 100 litres group A fuel tank?
- Gearbox, straight cut, Coloti, LSD?
- Body seam welded, reinforced?
- A group A engine spec with stock headers?????
- rose joined stuff?
- How a bout the transmision shaft??
- What racing history this car have?
- Who and where this car was raced?
- Results?
- Autodelta built, Autodelta parts inside o just an Autodelta sticker?

Mirabella Racing was related to Giorgio Francia, who raced Group A GTV6 in the 80's European Touring Championships, with Lella Lombardi and others. But back then, the GTV6 cars were prepared and backed up by Luigi Racing.

I just only see a nice set of Group A Speedlines (most used in track, not rallyes) and a well looking straight body.

Following mathematical rules, if this car is 90.000, Jose Carlos Cabrera's nice Group 2 Alfetta is 125.000€ and one of the original Turbodeltas is worh 250.000€ or even more. I can offer my Alfetta racer for 25.000 (ono)... anybody is interested?

Best regards, Alvaro.

BTW:
The front long range lights, fitted with "garden tensioners" is not GROUP A TOP RACING SPECS, even for the god'ole days italian way to do things.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If it were a genuine Autodelta car then chances are its got race/rally history and that`s what you are paying for.

As per AlvaroSeco has pointed out it may be replica, someone trying to get out what they put in...

I read your post again Alvaro, and I must say your knowledge of GTV6 rally cars is vast. When I first saw this car I initially thought it may be genuine but you are quite correct, nothing Gr.A here.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Boys, if you want to well spent the money, this is the way:

Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT Group 2 Autodelta Tour de Corse '75 for sale, classic cars for sale uk (Car: 103471)

Autodelta 1975 rally car. Original registration MI-V85167. Restored in 2003 to original specs for historical rallyes but never used and stores in a private collection.
Spares available. Two sets of wheels, original GTAm magnessium and Minilite.
8 valve engine, Autodelta straight cut close ratio box. Rose jointed suspension. New rollbar.
This seems to be the Jean Claude Andruet Corsica 1975 rally car.... compared with the Group A GTV6, a true bargain at £35,000 (approx. €42,140 or $54,950). Car is in Barcelona.

Best regards, Alvaro.

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
If it were a genuine Autodelta car then chances are its got race/rally history and that`s what you are paying for.
Absolutely agree. GTA and Zagato people have chassis numbers lists, and have their genuine cars perfectly identified, history traced and period correct.... they promote and protect the value of their significative cars

I think its time to do the same with Alfetta racers....

As per AlvaroSeco has pointed out it may be replica, someone trying to get out what they put in...
I MUST WARN everybody we will see in the near future some cars claiming to be genuine ex-works or ex-Luigi 80's racers. Also the same Group B rally cars....

Some people, and specifically someone He-Who-Cannot-Be-Named in this forum, is working full steam to repeat the same movement he did before with Bizzarrinis, then TZ1s ... so keep your eyes open and stay alert!!

I read your post again Alvaro, and I must say your knowledge of GTV6 rally cars is vast. When I first saw this car I initially thought it may be genuine but you are quite correct, nothing Gr.A here.
Thanks for the compliment, but it's not so vast. Just the result of carefully readings of the FIA Homologation papers, and see genuine period rally cars.

Group A cars in the early 80's were very basic, with just only a couple of bolt on bits, like brakes, shocks and a roll bar. Today a Group A WRC is a NASA Laboratoy on wheels...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I first saw this car I initially thought it may be genuine but you are quite correct, nothing Gr.A here.

I think you are adding to confusion here: The group A cars had original air plenum box and original exhaust manifolds. So engine room can well be GroupA. Also the roll over bar is like on the groupA cars. Other things, like the AP Lockhead brake system front/rear and the Colotti gear set can of course not be seen in photos like this! So its senseless to discuss if this is a genuine Autodelta car or not! Only way to find out is contacting the owner and asking for additonal info and photos!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I think you are adding to confusion here: The group A cars had original air plenum box and original exhaust manifolds. So engine room can well be GroupA. Also the roll over bar is like on the groupA cars.
Agree, I've said before early 80's Group A rally racers were pretty basic, but some of them ended fully loaded with nice bits, mods and pieces... I think if anyone is selling a top class car (or asking top class money like this case) they must justify the ammount of money.

Info about the car in on the way....

Regards, Alvaro.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think you are adding to confusion here: The group A cars had original air plenum box and original exhaust manifolds. So engine room can well be GroupA. Also the roll over bar is like on the groupA cars. Other things, like the AP Lockhead brake system front/rear and the Colotti gear set can of course not be seen in photos like this! So its senseless to discuss if this is a genuine Autodelta car or not! Only way to find out is contacting the owner and asking for additonal info and photos!
The group A cars have BMW 535i fuel injection, don´t seems to have the bigger AFM.

Brakes, cannot be seen... but the stock brake booster and pump?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts