Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets talk about these cars and where are they today?
These are from SPA 24Hr. 1976

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more....

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
WOW!
these pictures are great. I love them - it reminds me when i was a kid back home watching these types of cars race up the hill.

Totally cool :)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
There are some in this video
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hcIv0zPnZo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hcIv0zPnZo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dont know if is right to post it here,but we have also an alfetta berlina from autodelta here in Greece back in '70.Driver was the greek champion George Moschous.After her racing career Alfetta became original again and sold as a "civil" car.
Here is few fotos.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Alfettish:

If we can can we keep this thread to the AD factory works car please, don't want to the thread to get confused. (Maybe remove the pic of the one you posted). It is a awesome car maybe for another thread:)

The video is just awesome and I will bend the rules to leave that video!!!:) Thank you for posting it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
847 Posts
Alfettish:

If we can can we keep this thread to the AD factory works car please
I gotta agree, Ive seen a few threads start off about the Autodelta Alfetta's and then quickly turn into something else,

Great great pics bytheway, the lineup of AD Alfetta GT's looks great!.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Relax, the reason I posted it was to try to find out what it had to do with the factory or Autodelta. And yes, although I heard it was in a German championship I was still keen to find out if it was entered into ETCC. I don't really see the problem, I just want to learn more about the cars.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
If we are getting picky, the white Alfetta in post #2 was not an Autodelta entry but entered by the Autovama team from Firenze (notice plate#).

Re: the Alfetta turbodelta pictured in this thread. The engine was destroked to 1421cc and run in the DRM not ETCC. It sported a narrow angle Autodelta head but the motor was developed by Schrick in Germany for Heinz Isert/Sachs racing team.

Alsop see: http://www.autodelta.de/ADhome1/club/ar-gtv_galerie/ar-gal-gtvrenn_5.html

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys,

Yes, I would like to be picky on this thread :) Just wanted the ETCC cars only. The White car in post #2 is not a AD works entry, correct, but it is the "exact" same car as AD was using for their works cars. This car was built by AD and then sold to the Autovama team from Firenze as Alleggerita carefully points out. Anyone have any engine or interior pics of the works cars?

·
Registered
403 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahhh..yes the Gr. 4 Turbodelta rally cars. They ran with turbo motors that AD modified.

The AD ETCC cars did not run the "Turbodelta" motors. Instead they started with the 8V motors and later AD put in the 16V motors to make them more competitive.

There is a thread on the BB that talks specifically about the Turbodelta homoglated factory car and the Gr. 4 Rally car.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts