Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

I am restoring an F12 (window model) which i would like to use as "Assistanza Corse" for my 1965 ex. Autodelta GTA. It is presently white. The idea is to make is as authetentic as possible including the interior.

The pictures i have seen of F12's working for Autodelta are all in black and white and subsequently not much help. I have not been able to locate any interior pictures.

Can anyone help ??

·
Registered
75 Posts
F12 Autodelta van colour

Gentlemen,
I am restoring an F12 (window model) which i would like to use as "Assistanza Corse" for my 1965 ex. Autodelta GTA. It is presently white. The idea is to make is as authetentic as possible including the interior.
The pictures i have seen of F12's working for Autodelta are all in black and white and subsequently not much help. I have not been able to locate any interior pictures.
Hi,

I recall having seen a 1/43 model of an Autodelta van, probably on eBay, _but_ I personally doubt the accuracy of any cheap models produced. A 1953 1/43 Romeo Castrol van is made - the Romeo was not introduced until 1954!

Maybe a period colour paddock photo of a GTA or GTAM would provide colour info?

Good luck,

Tony Stevens
England

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hi
Most color photos of the time picture the AD and Alfa vans in lemon yellow. The one that I owned, which went to Switzerland with the Giulietta Bertone spider was in brown primer, but had extra doors in the original yellow. There are several pictures in old Alfa Owner magazines and somewhere I have a photo of the LeMans paddock in the Type 33 days, showing AD vans.
Keith

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all the input, both here and by PM.

Unfortunately apart from the yellow/blue combination, which i am not too fond of, i have found no definate answer.

The project is now well underway and unless i hear differently the van will be made in white with a wide bordeaux stripe all round. Interior in white/metallic grey with red toolbox and cabinets. Floor in black dunlop rubber.

Pics will follow when completed.

Best regards

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Not sure if it's of any help, but here's a picture I took in 2006 when visiting the Alfa Blue Team in Milan.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tubut,
Thank you very much for the input. Is this picture more like a general AR Assistenza Clienti ? Like a van that could support you on the side of some winding mounting road when your mother in law had just shifted from 4th into reverse in one go ?
You wouldn't have some period pictures from the Autodelta paddock ?
Best regards,

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
I don't have any information about the van in the picture. I'm guessing it would have been used to deliver parts to authorized dealers and repair shops rather than as roadside assistance. And no, I don't have any Autodelta pics.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Not sure on this but I have a vague memory of a 33 Stradale test in the German publication Auto Motor Sport with an Autodelta F12 in the background that was light blue similar to the model above.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
FYI: Baboon posted more pictures of the vans the Alfa Blue team has in this thread.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Autodelta-F1

Autodelta-F12
Gentlemen,

Can anyone help ??

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is actually a color photo of the Autodelta service van in the Tipo 33 book by Mcdonough/Collins. Teodoro Zecoli is testing the 'Periscopica' car at Balloco.
Page 22. It is very much like the one in the picture above, despite the logo, which is a bit different. Unfortunately it will not fit a window model so good though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Was Autodelta van colour

Huh, nothing in the yellow van when it arrived here last year.... The pirates must have got all the treasure! In jest, no offence intended to PO etc.

Tony

1 - 17 of 17 Posts