Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuild Rare Autodelta 16v 2000cc one with dellorto carbs and the second with Spica injections. waiting to be installed in 2 rare Alfettas...

here are some pics of the autodelta 16v 2000cc with the dellorto carbs.

soon to come more pics from the second engine with spica injection

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Where did the flares come from?

Beautiful engines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its the original Autodelta group2 16valve factory racing car,

the flares are original from Autodelta. its a very very rare car.

The engine is autodelta 2000cc with spica injections around 220hp.

the rims are campagnolo magnesium 13 inch.

the suspension is from period.

ceramic coated exhaust manifold.

cheers

·
Registered
11,678 Posts
Is the engine 1962cc or 1985cc please?

If 1985cc it is likely the same monosleaved block as the GTAm.
Pete

·
Registered
750 Posts
For the record, the red 4-door Alfetta pictured above was -and still is- a 2liter 8-valve, used in asphalt rallies. It belongs to a good friend in Athens, Greece. The 16-valve engine went into a red Alfetta gtv here.

Jim K.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For the record, the red 4-door Alfetta pictured above was -and still is- a 2liter 8-valve, used in asphalt rallies. It belongs to a good friend in Athens, Greece. The 16-valve engine went into a red Alfetta gtv here.

Jim K.
Dear Jim,
At this moment w're building a replica Autodelta Alfetta Berlina like it raced in International events : Zandvoort Trophy (4 hrs)August 12 1973 by Rolf Stommelen/Carlo Facetti :

and on June 6 1973 at Montrop Park 500 km Sweden with drivers Rolf Stommelen and Reine Wisell. Unfortunately I've no pictures of that.

We're now working on bodywork and at this stage:

Our ultimate goal is to obtain an FIA HTP. FIA App. K says:
1.2 Appendix K applies to cars which are either original competition cars, or cars built to exactly the same specification as models with international competition history complying with the International rules of the period.
The only permissible variations to the period specification are those authorised within Appendix K.
Cars without an international competition history but which have a competition history in national championship Competitions or other significant national Competitions of equivalent status may also be accepted.
If a model has not taken part in period in international races, HTPs of corresponding cars must be submitted to the HMSC supported by evidence from the relevant ASN that the model has a history in period of competition in Competitions of national significance.

So we have to build the car to the exact same specifications we need information.
The problem for the HTP can be the engine. I know in Zandvoort the 2.0 16v testastretta was used. Is there anyone on this forum who can provide me with the original specifications (and photos?) of this rare Autodelta version?
Information about eventual national championship(s) of the car is also important for me.
Thank you in Advance!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts