1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:)Hmnn, I could see myself crusin' in that :cool:

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Yes, it would seem like this car was bought by someone... I certainly looked very well-cared for and worth every penny of the buy-it-now price, especially with its legally documented U.S. DOT and EPA compliant papers.

In the interest of accuracy however, I'd like to make a comment about Autodelta-USA. First, Autodelta-USA was never associated with the well known UK Alfa tuners: Autodelta. Hence, there is no relationship between this car and the outfit known for its performance enhancements and long racing tradition. Second, as a private venture, Autodelta-USA was never allowed (by FIAT/Alfa) to import "Alfa Romeos". They had no choice but to remove the Alfa badging and replace it with Autodelta badges, and these cars are officially "Autodeltas". (I am not surprised to see that the front badge was left or re-installed, and while this is a real Alfa, the badge does not change it's registration status in the U.S.A.) Last, Autodelta-USA established itself as a very pricey legal registered importer, and as such was responsible for the conversion of the cars they brought into the U.S.A. However, after selling just a few properly converted examples, Autodelta-USA was accused of not performing the conversion required by U.S. regulations. Eventually the accusations were proven true, the business was seized, operations were shut down, cars were confiscated, and the business owners were prosecuted by the U.S. government.

Best regards,

·
Registered
598 Posts
eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo : 166 (item 300180050232 end time Dec-16-07 14:01:00 PST)

Interesting to see all of the Autodelta badging on it.

At $22,000, it seems like a decent car for the money. Too bad servicing it would be a bit more difficult... not to mention registering it.
Here is a small newspaper article about Autodelta USA. Also note that all cars that they imported were to be exported or crushed.

Dave

Friday, 07/11/03 | Middle Tennessee News & Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 charged with illegally importing cars

_____Today's Top Stories_____

• Lawmakers put in for pet projects
• Talk of tax hike triggers number crunching
• After 40 years and move to Vegas, ACM finds itself
• Executives team up to form hospital chain
• Metro Council to discuss putting up glass shield

Subscribe to The Tennessean

Associated Press

A father and son were arrested yesterday on federal charges of illegally importing Italian-made Alfa Romeo sports cars that did not meet federal safety and air quality standards.

Carlo Giordano, 66, and his son, Alessandro Giordano, 25, both of Nashville, were indicted last week on charges of defrauding the government by making false statements that the vehicles were legal in the United States, said Debra W. Yang, U.S. attorney for the Central District of California.

The elder Giordano is owner and president of Nashville-based Autodelta USA Inc., and his son serves as the company's manager of operations. No Tennessee phone listings could be found for the men or the company and they could not be reached for comment.

According to the indictment, which originated in California, where officials said some of the cars were sold, the Giordanos would travel to Europe to purchase the cars.

Authorities think the men sold or offered to sell about two dozen of the Alfa Romeos, including three in Orange County, Calif.

The men also face seven counts of wire fraud and three counts of making false statements in documents required by the Clean Air Act.

If convicted, they could receive a maximum sentence of five years in prison for each of the 11 charges.

Autodelta also could face fines of more than $5 million.

·
Premium Member
15,545 Posts
I really love it. We can own and drive an MGTC, even a Subaru 360, if any are still running, but we are not allowed to drive something like a 166 which is clearly eversomuch cleaner and safer from all points of view. Bureaucrats can be such morons.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
A father and son were arrested yesterday on federal charges of illegally importing Italian-made Alfa Romeo sports cars that did not meet federal safety and air quality standards.

If convicted, they could receive a maximum sentence of five years in prison for each of the 11 charges.

:rolleyes:

Mr. Federal Govt - terriorists and illegials first THEN (and only then) those terrible people bringing in Alfa's

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
In the interest of accuracy however, I'd like to make a comment about Autodelta-USA. First, Autodelta-USA was never associated with the well known UK Alfa tuners: Autodelta. Hence, there is no relationship between this car and the outfit known for its performance enhancements and long racing tradition.
Enrique,
Since we are on the subject of accuracy: The UK Alfa tuners, Autodelta, does not have a long racing tradition according to my understanding. They do provide power enhancements to current Alfas. However, to my knowledge, they are unrelated to the Italian racing outfit Autodelta of motorsports fame, the _real_ Autodelta, with the long racing tradition you must be thinking of.
Jes

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
True, they have no connection to the Italian racing arm of Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
:(LISTING PULLED...once again, ANOTHER "famous ebay fraud"
fyi: ebay motors frauds are running between 100-200/day/avg.
Don't you love a business that has no idea as to how to control its "back door to the alley"?....makes me sad...and I hope they all rot in he**..........Ed K.:mad::mad:
[perhaps after a good night's sleep, Ed will have a better 'holiday spirit']:eek:

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
:(LISTING PULLED...once again, ANOTHER "famous ebay fraud"
fyi: ebay motors frauds are running between 100-200/day/avg.
Don't you love a business that has no idea as to how to control its "back door to the alley"?....makes me sad...and I hope they all rot in he**..........Ed K.:mad::mad:
[perhaps after a good night's sleep, Ed will have a better 'holiday spirit']:eek:
I think you have your listing confused... The listing which is the subject of this thread is for a real car, and you can call the phone number and speak with the seller. At least when the car was first advertised, it was also available for personal inspection. The listing is still up, as is the case with other ebay transactions that have concluded.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think you have your listing confused... The listing which is the subject of this thread is for a real car, and you can call the phone number and speak with the seller. At least when the car was first advertised, it was also available for personal inspection. The listing is still up, as is the case with other ebay transactions that have concluded.

Best regards,
:eek: Zunige..Your are correct, my mistake. There are SO many, sometime it gets
confusing...especially on weekends...Ed K.:eek:

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
... There are SO many, sometime it gets
confusing...
Very true,... and it always seems like everyone wants to sell their Alfa when it gets cold - the worst time to sell, of course! Oh well, at least it's good for someone who wants to buy one, and it keeps us entertained. :)

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Zunige, Retracting last comment...the ad has been pulled.....ALSO the TS listed is a
total fraud as well...registered in 2 different states...item location is yet a third location,
no title...bill of sale only...talks about gas-mileage cycles (who cares)...yadyadayada
................Ed K

1 - 17 of 17 Posts