Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is where we will be discussing the Autocross. Please note that the schedule is being finalized and registration has not yet opened. Convention information is being updated and posted on our website Home

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
Driving to Drive

Just curious as to how many of us drive our venerable old classics to the convention (over 1k miles) race them in the AutoX or TT and then drive them home.

I think I can make this years convention and want to have as much fun as possible (not necessarily leagally), and participate in as many activities as time and schedule allows.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I will drive my Spider from NJ to OH, and then to Lexington. It will be entered in the TT, AutoX and Concours d'Elegance...

Best reagrds,

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Murray:

Your not planning on coming to the Lexington Convention, are you?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Ah come on there Murray-- are you certain you can't make it? Who will represent the Darkside like you do????

For an Alfa like yours, it's a.... six hour drive to Lexington!

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Ah come on there Murray-- are you certain you can't make it? Who will represent the Darkside like you do????

For an Alfa like yours, it's a.... six hour drive to Lexington!
Dave,

I was just pulling Budsy or should I call him Budsy Misashift's leg. I'm planning on registering this weekend but not sure if the Hotel at the TT is decided on yet or if the hotel is even listed on the register?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I should have seen that train coming! By all means register, and fax or mail your registration to George Schweikle (see website). The hotel near Putnam Park is open for our business, and you'll receive details and the reservations code when you register for the time trials.

BTW- there's a certain 14 year old Alfista I know of who would love to take a ride in your beast, Murray. I'm doing my best to bring 'em up right, man!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Would love to give your young Alfista a ride. He'll spread the news to the younger generation that the Black Spider's are truly the fastest ones!!! :D
Murray, and possibly Enrique,

Not to throw a monkey wrench in your "Darkside" designation, but I've driven/ridden with John Hoard, who has a white spider and the ride was not slow by any means...if I'm not mistaken he's come away with several awards at the various luncheons over the years.

Then I've also torn up the city streets with Tom Zat in one of his "Zatmobiles," which was neither dark nor light....but fast and adrenalin producing.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Your not coming to the Convention this year, are you Cheryl ? :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nope, afraid I will have to miss it this year.
Too, too bad, Murray. John and I are going to be conducting a Special Tech Session (STS) for you and Enriquee. Title of the Session: "How to drive fast".
Starts out with a bucket of White latex house paint.

Bud

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
But Bud-- latex house paint will disattach from automotive enamel at any speed over 50 mph...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That's right Dave! John and I are going to go so... fast past those black ALFAs it will jerk the paint off their doors. :eek::eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If anyone thinks they might want to help with timing & scoring, you can work here in air conditioned comfort...

Just curious as to how many of us drive our venerable old classics to the convention (over 1k miles) race them in the AutoX or TT and then drive them home.

I think I can make this years convention and want to have as much fun as possible (not necessarily leagally), and participate in as many activities as time and schedule allows.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Murray,

Many thanks for the offer, and your convention registration. I hereby double your pay!.

I'm visiting the Lexington Civic Center office this Friday to pay the site rental fee.

George I can help in the timing and scoring.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Autocross site notes

For those who will be running the Autocross on Friday, July 15, good news!
First of all, the site itself is a popular venue for other clubs, and our local SCCA Central KY Region will be conducting the event. Simply stated, they do a first class job of putting on an autocross! Our Autocross Verde level sponsor is Centerline (hats off to you guys :)).

The surface is in good to excellent condition, and if you check the aerial view on the convention website, you will notice that there is ample space for a challenging layout, yet a safe and separate parking and staging area. The course will be 100% marked, and wide enough so that a 164 will not feel cramped. And...let us just say, the course design will be varied and fun for the experienced driver.

Don't miss out on what promises to be one of the best AROC convention autocrosses in quite a while! Check it all out at Autocross

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.