1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I have several years of this great magazine. My local news stand used to carry it, when the guy retired I never subscribed.
I've see it at some news stands in bigger cities. Thanks for the heads up on the June issue, I'll try to get a copy.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Great photos, and I love that it only covers Italian cars - obviously. Unusual models too since it's Euro-centric.
I'm just a little sad it costs $80 per year...
- Art

·
Registered
503 Posts
Auto Italia's article was "ok" but not comprehensive but sure it covers a lot of the Alfetta history.

For the definitive history of the car you should get the book Alfetta by Giorgio Nada editore (original Italian only but I guess there might be an english version somewhere although I do not know for sure if someone translated it) which tells in detail about the Alfetta GT/GTV development including all the things that the Autoitalia article missed.

Giugiaro reputedly disliked the front of the car after Alfa Romeo altered it after wind tunnel tests. His original sketches for the front (in the book described) made the front in my opinion look more like the maserati merak which he also designed.
Of particular note is the design that Giugiaro made and which was rejected of the now normal practice of hiding the windscreen/windshield wipers under the rear lip of the hood which would have needed a more curved hood and in my opinion made the car more aerodynamic. There are photos of the car with this setup...too bad it was not put into production.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts