Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has lent my an Auto Force Tester to troubleshoot my 91 164. It's a n EFI-8400 and says L-Jetronics on the Face. The manual that came with it shows an 8827 ML 4.1 Motrtonic.Can I use this tester? Problem two. We're missing the interface adapter :( Would anyone have such an animal or know were to get one?
Oz

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
A strange (to me) thing about the references I have for the U.S. market 164 car is that the 12Valve '91-'93 model year product has a "Motronic 4.1" system while the later '94-'95 model year cars have a "Motronic 1.7" system. I don't know what this means except that you have a shot at getting the info you want for your '91 164 from your Motronic 4.1 tester, even if it _does_ say "L-Jetronics" on the face. Good luck.

Michael

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
A friend has lent my an Auto Force Tester to troubleshoot my 91 164. It's a n EFI-8400 and says L-Jetronics on the Face. The manual that came with it shows an 8827 ML 4.1 Motrtonic.Can I use this tester? Problem two. We're missing the interface adapter :( Would anyone have such an animal or know were to get one?
Oz
There is a Motronic overlay for the tester. I have that and a 164 interface cable, not sure if they're the same for all versions of Motronic. It would be another day or so before I could make it out to the garage to have a look.

Where are you located?

bs

·
Premium Member
26,822 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I had the picture of an Okie transplanted to Australia. I'm an Arkie transplanted to Virginia. So "oz" has nothing to do with Ozstralia, eh?

Michael

·
Premium Member
26,822 Posts
Close to Kansas Dorothy?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I followed the thread about the Auto Force EFI 8400 and I'm left with the impression they are no longer available as new items. I have a 1985 Graduate and would like to buy a kit for testing the L-Jetronic. Is there anything I can buy with certainty that it will be appropriate for my car? Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
The Fiat-Lancia Tester (FLT) + MA1B module will handle both ML4.1 motronic and Jetronic LE 3.1/2. I can offer you both but not until September when I return from vacation. PM me for more information and price. The clip below is from Alfa's application chart.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts