Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Auto Force EFI Tester 8400 w/ 8827 ML 4.1 Motronic Interface Box

I drove my 93 164L home today with the EFI tester hooked up and monitoring system.

Since system check engine light flashing 4-4-4-4 all clear no codes in memory, I figured it would be a good time to play with tester and learn how to use it and troubleshoot engine management system on 1991-93 164 12v models.

I have shop manual to go with tester, but I had to overwrite an old Milano overlay with labels for 164 so it gets a bit busy to read.

I also picked up a Marelli tester with some cartridges for testing the 94-95 164 24v models I will be tackling soon using Myron’s LS as a test case. I have very limited tech data to go with that tester but Bob G. did send me a copy of a Fiat book he had on tester. So I hope I can figure out how to test 24v models soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Marelli tester

Steve- there is a TSB on the use of the marelli tester in your cardisk. Additionally, that fiat guide I sent is very helpful. I admit freely that I donlt know much about the marelli tester other than how to clear error codes on the airbag (use 'write ISO code' selection once hooked up to air bag connector)

I would be interested in whatever you discover on the tester, I have no time at all to do any work on it

bob

·
Registered
320 Posts
I wish my mechanic had the Marelli tester with some cartridges for the 94-95 164 24v models

·
Registered
1 Posts
Auto Force EFI 8400 tester

Hello to all,

first of all I apologize for my English (I’m from Germany :eek:).
I search the www and the only sites I found about the “Auto Force EFI 8400 tester” is this forum . I have this tester and want to run it on my Spider (Fiat sorry :)) but was not able to do it without documentation.

- Does anyone has the documentation for the tester and can send me a copy?
- Does the company still exist?
- Is anyone interested to buy?

I have the tester itself (label says L-Jetronic), interface boxes EFI 8829 ML4.0, an extension cable, a cable to connect 12V and a cable for external measurement. The lamp test with connected 12V doesnt work.

Regards from Germany
Ben

PS: My email address is [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts