Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
It is always a distinct pleasure to read Per's reporting and brand of journalism!

It is my personal opinion that he should be given an international platform to write and report on cars, racing and vintage activities... in our world of exciting cars and events.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Autodelta Golden Years History Site

Hey Amigo Per....Thanks for the kind words.

Oddly enough, I 'shipped' the article to the Museo Storico and was treated like a complete stranger. Someone told me that since I was not associated with the Alfa Romeo organization my work product could not be considered authentic or valuable for use or promotion by the Museo. This was all off the record. I think that the FIAT people running the Museo maintain the attitude that '..how dare an outsider was given such a lifetime experience as a foreigner and that we shall have nothing to do with his purported history lesson and photographs that we do not have or have ever seen."

That is my net impression and as further evidence of that...no Alfa Romeo club in Italy has expressed an interest in running the article or promoting the site....except my friends in Sicily! That is why I am not paying anyone to translate the site into Italian...of all people not to have access to their own history!

I hope our friend Mr. Fazio can view it some day in the privacy of his home computer!.

Go figure... Per.

Regards,

Robert
New York

·
Registered
506 Posts
very fine video Per as all your videos are in my humble opinion....the weather seemed also good for the show. So many fine cars in different colours...i wish ask you question and will pm you.

keep up the good work...you are a great alfa ambassador and enthiusiast...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Bob...your photos and experience I think would be a valuable addition for the alfa romeo archives and provide a different perspective on things at the time compared to the Italian one.
I feel that your work deserves a wider audience at the source and other italian clubs and I hope in future it can be recognised as being worthy there...indeed I wish fiat/alfa would listen much more to the views of forums like this ...anyhow i hope for the better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts