Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone recall Albert the former owner of Autodelta, Atlanta. I heard that he was in a horrible accident while bicycling ten years ago (struck by a drunk driver). Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was a good customer of Albert's and bought my Giulietta from him in 1987. Albert was indeed struck by a DUI while bicycling a number of years ago. He survived the accident but is wheelchair bound and his quality of life is not good. The last I heard he continues to live with his parents. The Autodelta shop continues as a going concern under Bob Hine. Thank goodness for that, since Paul Spruell closed and Hans Milo has cut back, there isn't anyplace left in Atlanta that's solely devoted to Alfa service.

Mike Hollinger
Atlanta

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Mike. Albert was the reason I became a life long Alfa afficionado; he loved the marque and ran a terrific shop. Truly a tragedy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went by there today after trying to call them and getting the "this number is not longer in service" recording. Looks like a new owner is taking over with in a month or so. Told me that the previous owner, Bob , had been in a car accident. Not sure if he was referring to the old owner Albert or not.
Anyway he said that he was still going to work on Alfas and expand his services to other makes.
Who still works on Alfa's in Atlanta? Found a shop in Smyrna, Italian Motor Works. Does anyone have any experience with this shop?
Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Greetings, Alfa owner in north Ms. seeking fellowship
To find out more about the Deep South Chapter, go to Deep South Alfa Romeo Club. We have members all over the region, including a few in North, MS. Where in North MS are you? Feel free to e-mail Tim Spruill (Deep South President) at gofastwin @ gmail . com for more info.

Brittaney Spruill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts