Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
True, but I guess they would get the idea non the less !?

Each of the US regions appear to be established clubs. Maybe a way for non members to meet/converse with members and potentially attract new people into the club folds?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah I really don't like the idea of it being AROCA. The idea isn't a club but an Aussie forum. I don't want to be part of a club, and I don't want to feel excluded because of it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Well, it looks like as of today there is a South Australia Club forum :-(

Leaves us eastern states to do our own thing SEPERATELY

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
why South Australia ?

Why South Australia.. sheesh - what's wrong with plain old Australia. Tag in the Kiwi's and a mountain of expats.. and you'd have a nicely representative spot..

best of luck :)

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
AROCASA forum

Why South Australia.. sheesh - what's wrong with plain old Australia. :)
The South Australian one replaces the forum on our own website because it was under utilised, (except by spammers), and many of our club members also use the AlfaBB. It is intended to be for SA club members to discuss club or local issues or general Alfa stuff. Other BB members can also see what is going on in our part of the world. It should result in some more members for the BB.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Well, it looks like as of today there is a South Australia Club forum :-(

Leaves us eastern states to do our own thing SEPERATELY
Ahem... maybe us OTHER states?!?

Bit of a worry too that the welcome message on the AROCASA forum was the first post ever by a guy who's moniker is monaro427 (nothing personal here, whoever you are, but it's not really very "Alfa" and there are others on the BB who might have liked a look-in to get something set up).

Whatever... you can't control everything. I'll just stick to what I know.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Oops' My bad. :eek:

I guess i should have said us OTHER states Eastern, Western, Northern and that other place way down south should do our own thing. ;)

:D

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Ahem... maybe us OTHER states?!?

Bit of a worry too that the welcome message on the AROCASA forum was the first post ever by a guy who's moniker is monaro427
Monaro427 is the webmaster for our AROCASA website and is dedicated to the club. It was he who got the forum set up. I have already explained the reasons for it. Plenty of club members and BB members own other cars. It doesn't mean they are not Alfa enthusiasts. I don't understand why some of you guys are getting so upset by us having a forum for our club. There are a heap of North American clubs with their own forums too. This has nothing to do with the proposed Australian forum and in no way detracts from it.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I have, and he will put up an Australian forum for us. He was just unsure of the naming of it, hence my earlier post. I sent him an email this morning suggesting it just be simply called 'Australian Forum" as this seemed to be the consensus reached in the last few posts. Hopefully he will do it in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Monaro427 is the webmaster for our AROCASA website and is dedicated to the club. It was he who got the forum set up. I have already explained the reasons for it. Plenty of club members and BB members own other cars. It doesn't mean they are not Alfa enthusiasts. I don't understand why some of you guys are getting so upset by us having a forum for our club. There are a heap of North American clubs with their own forums too. This has nothing to do with the proposed Australian forum and in no way detracts from it.
I apologise I forgot my on-line manners and was flippant. I made the point I wasn't being personal in my post. I don't take any of this stuff that seriously and I am certainly not upset about anything, God knows I can't afford to be precious about Alfas. Good on him for getting off his ar$e and doing it, more than I have done.

Look forward to the Aussie forum, I can tell you all about the All Italian Car Day scheduled for 25 Feb over here.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts