Alfa Romeo Forums banner

581 - 600 of 613 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #581
Not much to report on the Giulia front other than my breaking-in drives are pretty much trouble free now. I might have to lighten the bootload of just-in-case tools. Should be worth a few extra HP:laugh2:

Later in the year I will do the suspension properly and hopefully retrim the interior. The door cards are shagged.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
Looking very smart Derek. I see you have your side of the air conditioner on high too
Ha! Being able to pivot that far around is very effective isn't it?! Hopefully soon my car will be worthy enough to park near your red car at a show and shine.

·
Australian Member
100 Posts
your Super would look the part right next to ours already Derek. All we need is Robert Smith's green Super to park with us and we have the set. Maybe at the next run?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
BTW if any of you Aussie 105 sedan owners are interested, I am going to sell the NOS Giulia full front panel that I got from overseas. Unfortunately I didn't find it til after I had done my car. I also have a Berlina front panel. PM or email me if you want to discuss.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #588
I'd been promising to get the Super across to our local Cars & Coffee for ages. It was a milestone to finally make it. Pictured next to LaStregaNera's lovely GT Veloce.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
What a fantastic photo (the black and white one) Derek, it could have been straight out of 1966 catalogue for our beloved 105s. Looking superb as always. BTW, I totally agree with your comments on those Fezzas and Geoff's comments, yawn I too was nodding off. If it had at least been a Dino, well hey I would have been wide awake.

I only noticed recently that you have added another beauty to your stable. All the best with the Monti restoration. Thats a big project. :)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #590
Yeah Dave, the Monti will make or break me...

Here is another pic One of the t124.com guys took of my car on the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #592
I know many of you guys have your Alfas tucked away for Winter but it's the middle of summer here. Blue skies, hot days and arvie Thunder storms. I actually enjoy winter drives here more as its dry and sunny with a little chill in the air (well not much really...). Been a while since I took the Super out but I think tmrw looks like a good day for it! Just gotta fix the mech pump fuel leak that stopped me from going for a drive last week...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I actually enjoy winter drives here more as its dry and sunny with a little chill in the air (well not much really...). Been a while since I took the Super out but I think tmrw looks like a good day for it! Just gotta fix the mech pump fuel leak that stopped me from going for a drive last week.. .
[/QUOTE
You could be describing Texas weather right about now. We tend to alternate cold spells with great driving weather. Yesterday was about 78F. Today is 60F. The Hill Country beckons. Except for the fact that large numbers of us are armed, OZ and Texas are alike in many ways. Enjoy your day. :)

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,008 Posts
Hey cousin!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #595
I'll take the Super out on a mid winter early morning run tomorrow to Cars and Coffee. Mid winter here means blue skies and a top of about 21 degrees Celsius (70F).

On a side note my factory tool collection is slowly growing. Finally completed my valve clearance set. So nice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I'll take the Super out on a mid winter early morning run tomorrow to Cars and Coffee.

On a side note my factory tool collection is slowly growing. Finally completed my valve clearance set. So nice.
About time you took a long run in the country, Derek. Like, down our way, where the sun also shines.
Bring your toolkit, too. It almost makes you want to pull the cam covers off...

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The "Via Moscova 60" address is a reminder that, for many years, Milano had a communist government while Alfa Romeo's labor union was also communist. Ironic that a company known for selling sports cars to affluent running-dog capitalists was building its cars with communist labor. Only in Italy.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #598
About time you took a long run in the country, Derek. Like, down our way, where the sun also shines.
Bring your toolkit, too. It almost makes you want to pull the cam covers off...
Geoff, I will one of these days! I took the car to Cars and Coffee on Saturday but didn't get enough of a run through the city to float my boat so I headed for the hills yesterday. Nearly a 100km round trip up and along the nearest mountain range. Oodles of fun on a spectacular Queensland winter's day.

Attachments

581 - 600 of 613 Posts