Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I had an eBay auction wherein my car did not meet the reserve 10 yrs ago. I just relisted and the right buyer purchased the car who transformed it. The stars have to align for sellers/buyers expectations. "Y B RED" sold when the constellations were aligned. Then, a lot of Alfa roundtails bumped to 50K and sellers expect it often without close to the detail of Y B Red

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
the problem is ... EXTRAPOLATION.... so the boat tail went for over a hundred ... = all boat tails in any condition move by the same multiplier... WRONG. That sale saw 200,000 as doable for a better car... Reality is what it is at the moment. The sellers and buyers of cars at that moment have long since died or are one foot from it... Take the cryptology out of it and accept this comment as a POTENTIAL path on the value curve.

·
Push hard and live
9,368 Posts
I fully agree with the two preceding posts. My point was, if the agreed reserve really isn't an acceptable price, then one must be prepared to bid on their own car in order to preserve it for sale at a future time.

In this case, the auctioneer agreed it should bring well above the reserve, but that their recommended strategy was to be able to announce when the reserve was reached as a psychological motivator for those sitting on the fence.

There's more details. Bottom line - be ready to buy your own car back if you think it's a ton below the market, and that you are willing to take the time to relist at the right time and place.

·
Registered
342 Posts
looks a lot like the monty Jay Leno featured recently. (That is to say same color) He doesn't really strike me as an Alfa fan but maybe he saw the light?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts