Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I look from below the car at the attachment points of the bumper then I see:
- between the spare wheel well and the back of the car a special mounting piece welded to the floor and the support of the bumper
- no such piece on the other side of the car between the petrol tank and the bumper attachment point

Is this correct, or should this reinforcement piece be present on both sides of the car? I hope this question is clear without a picture.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cor,

Thanks for the reply. Are they identical?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
May I suggest getting responses from other 1971 owners. I'm not sure about europe, but the US spec cars were different in bumper mounting 71 & 74. My 67 GTV, the same for europe and USA, had no such reinforcement, but the body was different on a '71

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I copied the attachment to the other side.

What about the attachments on sides of the car (just behind the rear wheel wells). Should there be a reinforcement as well?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pls I need to know if I have to reinforce the rear fenders at the points where the rear bumber is attached. No one?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks
In other words, I just have to weld a nut there in which the bolt will be screwed, right? This is especially the case for the right side, since that is not accessible due to the reinforcement of the trunk floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts