Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently Ive noticed that instead of an image in a posting, I sometimes (now the majority of time) just get the phrase 'attached image' in bold at the end of the post but no image. I am using a different Win 10 machine but it has no hardware deficiencies. Is there a setting I've missed?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank,

I see that only when I use the drag and drop upload. Hit the F5 key to refresh the screen and the images will show up.
Brian

It's not when I upload, it's when I'm reading a post. In a long post with pics I may see a few of them but most just have the attached image as if its a place holder. refresh doesn't help and neither does clicking the attached image note. I haven't figured out how to view them . Maybe its a default setting on this machine but I haven't figured it out yet.

As an example, on http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-montreal/381777-spot-monti-sale.html I see pics in post #1 but no pics in the thread past #1.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK it took a little while to troubleshoot. Turns out making Duckduckgo as the default search engine in firefox 57.0 (quantum) was the culprit. If I was a conspiracy guy I would claim that google doesn't want me to search with a search engine that doesn't track you. Or maybe it's the BB?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look it up its good, maybe not as flashy an interface but the only engine that does not track you, use your search habits or sell your data. supposedly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts