Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Milano has a leaky rear caliper so I thought I would rebuild some off my parts car. Disassembly was no problem and everything cleaned up nicely and it was cool to see how the adjustment mechanism works. When I went to reassemble I noticed there were no O rings for the caliper-halfs in the rebuild kit. The supplier says you should never split the calipers therefore no O rings are supplied. Sounds like BS to me. With the exception of some very high tech stuff thats machined after assembly any mechanical component that can be taken apart can also be put back together. Also how do you hone the cylinders with out splitting the halfs?
Anybody have any experience with this and/or know where to get O rings compatible with brake fluid?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
the kit i got when i did my gtv6 either had some in it or the old ones were perfect and i re-used them...i rebuilt all 4 at the same time...no point in doing 1 end without doing the other as well as flushing out the MC and getting good clean fluid thruout the system

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
caliper o-rings

You need o-rings which are brake fluid compatible. (DUH) The Buna ones you may find at the autoparts store won't be compatible. I don't think viton is very compatible either. I think I remember someone here on the BB or the Alfadigest getting some at a Porsche or BMW dealer.

Let us know where you get them,
Good Luck,
Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts