Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the 12V turbo engine in my 164 Super. The attached bracket turned up as an extra. I seem to have a knack for removing weight.

Please assist with identification and description or photo of usage.

Regards,
Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'd suggest trying FIAT ePER :: The FIAT Forum but it's useless if you've got absolutely no idea where it came from.

Are you sure it's part of the engine or is it just some piece of metal that came with the engine by accident?

·
Premium Member
27,279 Posts
I recently replaced the 12V turbo engine in my 164 Super. The attached bracket turned up as an extra. I seem to have a knack for removing weight.

Please assist with identification and description or photo of usage.

Regards,
Ken
That bar for part of alternator mount. Long larger diameter alternator mounting bolt item 9 goes through round hole and the long slot has to match lower long slot in aluminum mount that bolts to head through 3 upper slots and round hole. It goes on side of mount close to dip stick on 12v 164 V6 engine and that long smaller diameter bolt item 12 goes through it.

If installed to match slot in bracket you can raise alternator mount to tighten belt. I doubt you can install it now with engine in car but maybe you can. I suspect you just tightened down nut on bolt 9 to squeeze split bushing in alternator lug until it took out slop in mount due to missing bracket 4.

Also I think bolt 9 has to go in from dip stick side as it would hit chassis when trying to remove alternator. Bolt 12 has to go in from fender side though if exhaust manifold on.

No doubt you wil have to get split bushing in alternator lug pressed back outwards to have space to insert bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Molto grazie Steve! I get it now.

This part was attached to the 3.0 12V block that I swapped my 2.0 turbo parts onto. The later 12V engine uses a different mount with a 24V style alternator and an accessory belt tensioner. So, the part is now not used, a relief.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts