Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting back together my ash tray assembly and could not find any pictures of the clamp that holds the lighter to the assembly. A picture is attached of the bottom of the lighter without the clamp. I made a clamp so while I am at it was the clamp held in place with a nut/bolt combo or was the clamp threaded to hold them together?
Picture would be helpful if someone has one.
Thanks, Joe

Attachments

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,008 Posts
Joe, there are some pictures in the thread below that should help you. Do you have the spring with the ground wire terminal on it? I'm pretty sure that's what holds the lighter in place.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The lighter goes in the panel from the top, while the spring with the ground spade goes on the bottom of the panel to hold everything together. In other words, the spring IS the 'clamp' that you are looking for. A clever if counter intuitive design...

Mark

Spring assembly is not what is missing look at the picture I put n the thread. Its the clamp to support hardware.
Joe

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok now we are getting somewhere the spring is not what I need the clamp in the picture on the right. I only have one half with holes in it that looked like there should be hardware attaching the 2 halves. No sign of them being welded together because of the holes. I made a clamp for the other side. Hardware for the clamp 2 screws or 2 nuts and bolts. I could not zoom in our picture.
Joe

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can't see my picture well then right click on it and open to a different tab. The picture will open with a JPEG display and show where the holes in the lower bracket show something is missing. That is why I made the other half of the bracket.
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts