Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Artillery Mold and Tilex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------(-Previously posted on NE site--just looking after you boys---seems to be a NE phenomenon)

I keep my Super outside in the summers now that I have it water tight. It's parked outside with the MB and the Tahoe.

I usually sprintz them off with the garden hose in the morning dew to kinda keep the dust from settling after the dew dries and since we have white oaks it is a daily event to keep the seed pods from making a stain on the finish in the Spring.

This AM there seemed to be a lot of sooty black crap in the beaded heavy dew on the Super. As it is a white car, I didn't want it setting there. I put the hose to it and the black soot didn't go away..HMMMMMMMMM...I pulled out a bucket of car wash..nothing.. Straight car wash soap out of the bottle...nothing. It looked like the car had been parked in an switching yard when steam engines were still around. DAMNED ACID RAIN AND POWER PLANTS!! NOPE

Got on the internet and googled "Black chit on car won't come off!"

Amazing how that Mr.Google can help!

Bottom line it is a mold spore and loves to settle on flat LIGHT surfaces. Comes from rotting wood or mulch--Artillery Mold.

The MB had some as it is a Champagne but the dark red Tahoe almost none.

Solution: TILEX---- I covered the trunk lid, roof, hood, fender flares and window sills on the doors, anything facing skyward. Came off just like it is supposed to in a nasty bathtub and no paint damage at all. The Tilex label made me quite comfortable by trialing a small area and it worked without scrubbing. Just a damp soft rag. and no paint damage. Miracle! Jo-Mac was next.

Lesson: If you find this spotted crap on your car, head for the bathroom and save a lot of aggravation.

Keep me in your thoughts the next time you swab the commode. Uncle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by divotandtralee; Yesterday at 09:50 AM.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Good read. Thanks. With a white car I ,may have to keep it handy.

Sorry I did not see this earlier.

Frank

·
Registered
203 Posts
D.A.T.,

I remember reading your post 'way back when'.

And, perhaps along with you, I don't think that when people edit posts they need to fill in the 'Reason for Editing' with "spelling" or "grammar"...

Am I clueless about the BB's time tracking -- but I am dying to know why you edited a four year old post yesterday!

Fred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.