Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
i haven't been to that since it became a hoity-toity, paid admission, concours event . . .

that said, there are usually some awesome, awesome cars there. its all about design :cool:

-ACCD alumni '95 ( sold my '81 GTV6 to help pay expenses :( )

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
about the hioty-toity, i asked stewart why alums didnt get a break in admission, (didnt we pay enough already?) this year the alums get alittle price break... ;)

went last year just to meet gordon murray, chat alittle about his bt46 and bt55 design.

for all his accolades, what nice modest guy, sign my mac F1 book and model too...

accd trans alumni

D

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Did the BAT cars show there?
We have a friend who was displaying his Hot Wheels there and he didn't remember any Alfas there.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
BAT 5, BAT 7, & BAT 9 were all there, as well as the 1956 3000CM Superflow IV (as gorgeous as the BATs). Oh, and a Ferrari 375MM, an OSCA 1500, and a couple Siata 208Ss.

Funny, I don't remember seeing any Hot Wheels display.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Ed, thanks for the reply.
Upon further interrogation both my friends remembered the BAT mobiles. They are hard core hot rod people (Larry Wood, Mr Hot Wheels).
Also since I see there was a BAT Hot Wheel he, or one of his crew, probably designed the model!!
He brought the "twin mill" but unfortunately it wasn't running.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Any pictures?
Um, sorry--digital camera in coma.

I gotta say (again) that the 3000CM Superflow IV was just as nice as the BATs.

On the 'other Italian cars' front, BIG fun when they lit the Ghia 'Streamline X Gilda' turbine car from 1955. Under full power (think turbine whine and jet wash out the back), the clutch throw-out began to slip, and it started creaping forward--threatened to spear the George Barris Monkee-mobile (like THAT would have been a loss).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts