Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm guessing towards the front. I'm in the midst of installing the new liners and pistons and a quick verification would sure be helpful.

Biba

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both of you. I have no idea why I changed my question from side to side to front and back. Yes, of course it points both towards the gas flow along with the smaller valve cut out that was mentioned in the other thread Simon pointed (no pun intended) me to.

I'm sure I'm the only one who does this...but it really upsets me when the answer is so incredibly obvious.

Again thanks,

Biba

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Don't feel bad... Look at all the fools on this thread:p Start from the last page to the beginning! It's almost as much fun as the 135mph posts.:D

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=22230

It makes you wonder how some folks get out of bed in the morning without dying from stupidity!

Paul

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I'm guessing towards the front. I'm in the midst of installing the new liners and pistons and a quick verification would sure be helpful. Biba
Biba, for a moment there, I was going to recommend you twist the rods 90 degrees to get those pistons to fit with the arrow pointing forward!:) But I can't make fun. If I did, you'd just get me back some time on a discussion of bodywork!

Erik

·
Registered
561 Posts
Many moons ago, I when I did my first full rebuild on a Sud engine, I did it it with piston arrows pointed towards the gas flow... Works with a conventional IL engine to think this way, but not with a 4 OP engine. It had really bad piston slap rattle when cold. The arrows are meant to point in the direction of the crank rotation to cope with the offset gudgeon pins. Therefore, the right hand bank had the pistons in back to front. Once I got the logic into my head: no more dramas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts