Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AROSC Willow Springs 4/12/03

Just got back from the races and wanted to post a few pics from the day. The weather held up and never did rain but there was quite a bit of wind. I'm going to post the whole collection of images to the BB gallery as soon as I get some time. Here are a few untill then.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got to meet fellow BB member Jeff Thraen today. We only had a short time to chat before he ran off to race class but I did snap a pic of his GTV6. Unfortunatly his Berlina with the motor problem (http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=574) didnt make it. He said he was still hoping it will be done for Sunday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
That is a great shot of Simon and Anthony!

Whew! I thought I had offended everyone here with my catbox caper. Perhaps only my cats were offended.

Simon, is that Sprint the same one on the Alfa BB marquee? I always thought that the displayed mascot should be Sniady's GTV.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
smestas said:
I'm not good with the models of these cars. All I can say is this is a LOTUS.
This is a Lotus Europa. I always liked the shape but I hear they're uncomfortable and typically tempermental.

Check out the funky frame they have.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Simon,

It was great to meet you! This was my first Time Trial and I have got to say, I had a blast. My GTV6 was classified in group E. The only other car in E was the blue Ti pictured above.

Fellow AlfaBB'ers - you need to take your street legal Alfas to the races! My car is bone stock except for the IAP headers. Stock street tires. I don't even know what they are or how many miles they have, as they came with the car!

So I am asking you guys to get those Alfas to the track. We need more cars in the stock class. I am proud to have won my class, but it would be much more satisfying to have beaten more than one car.

Buttonwillow is in June. Check your wheel bearings, buy a five point harness, a fire extinguisher, a helmet and gloves and let's go racing!

Check out the AROSC website for all of the information.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Glad you had fun Jeff, I can't wait to take my gtv out. By the way it's bone stock, so I'll be in group E to.

"If" I get some cash I'll be at button in june.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Check out Anthony and I with our 1st place platters. He got a 1:41.3 in dirks white #66 car. The track wasn't in very good condition but he ran very good lap times. And despite the oil leak on the headers on the #181 it turned 9 lap times in a row between 1:39.2-1:39.7. That was on yokohamas and the car was running very good but I was taking it easy since I had a 24 second lead on the next place car.

Richard

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
tell me about it....slicks and a wet track don't go well. i wish i went faster as i have in the past with that car but all things considering, including, the timed laps was the first time i got in a car the whole weekend i am a happy camper. good job richard, way to represent for the scuderia!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts