Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday March 30th, AROSC is hosting a rally. Wild Flowers.

The rally is starting at the Culver City Veteran's Center, everyone is meeting in the parking lot behind the Senior center between the building and swimming pool.

Rally kick's off at 10:15a.m, with a car departing every 2 minute's. Be there around 9:30 to be safe, if you arrive after 10:00a.m you might not get a official entry.
There will be 2 check point's before finishing, and lunch will be at the Malibu Center. Also bring a co-driver, solo driver's not allowed. Entry fee is 5.00.

I'll be there. Any BB head's showing up?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Sounds great Snaidy, but I have a few questions. Is the rallye for AROSC members only? I'll have to 'remind' my wife that I should join.

Do they mean co-driver literally? I can certainly bring a co-pilot, but I do not have a co-driver. Is there some congressperson I can write to? :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wild Flower Rally

You do not need a co driver, just someone that can look for items, signs, landmarks and the such so that you can fill out the handout sheet. All are welcome, no need to be an AROSC member ( but we would love to have you! ).

Bill Carson
Vice Pres. of AROSC
and rally coordinator

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Bill,

Thanks for the reply and welcome to the board! I hope to see you there if my schedule will allow it sounds like it’s going to be allot of fun.

If you like you can add any AROSC events to our calendar just to keep the BB members posted on current events. It’s a great feature of the site, which I’m trying to encourage folks to use more.

:)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Thanks for the scoop Bill! Let the pleading commence. Hey there's mention of a Bill Carson in "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".

Say Simon, can I use the calendar? For my next scheduled oil change, my semi-annual dental appointment and my shower day? I'd only need to use one square seeing as all these fall on the same day.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Dang it, I just lost my co-pilot. My wife's neck has been acting up so she can't handle the shifting. I'll see if I can scrounge up a seat filler.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries Kai, it's not a high speed rally! Wifies neck should be alright.

Rules:
1. Check your brakes, belt's and fluid's
2. Safety is a paramount - disqualifiction is automatic for.
(a) Any car that arrives with an average speed over the posted limit for the route
(b)any ticket for a moving violation, and
(c)getting lost that you have to open the sealed map.
3. Bring one willing or not so willing (duct tape allowed) co-driver/navigator. You cannot complete this rally without some help. We will not allow solo drivers to compete since there will be driving directions and a question sheet that needs to be filled out while you are driving.
4. Bring your camera. Though you're expected to finish n a timely matter, feel free to take a few minutes to photograph some of the beutiful scenery you'll be driving through. This opportunity will also allow the navigator to relax their butt muscles and pry the driver's hand from the steering wheel.
5. Remind each other to blink.
6. Entry fee is $5.00

So it should be mellow. I think Simon will be my co-driver, and he does'nt enjoy my rookie driving, so it's going to be mellow on this side. Or maybe not, MUUUUhahahahaha.

P.S. I really hope we take some cool roads!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I showed up to the start line late (typical sniady), they still allowed me to participate. Me and my 9 year old co-driver took off. We were doing pretty good, and we then ran into a deadend, OH OH, did the co-driver mislead me? So we flipped a u-turn and full thorttle back up the hill for a few mile's, I said screw the map, we'll get back with the Sniady senses. We made a right turn onto a road, and I guess we cut the course in half and missed the 2nd check point. We ended up first at the resturant (there were 6 or so car's ahead of us), but the rule's did not say, "get to the destination first and win!". We missed our check point and got disqualified.
Everyone met at the resturant and we hung around for a bit and we bailed early. My Co-driver was bummed "why did we get disqualified?", "when's the next rally!?!?!". I think he's bummed, but he'll get over it.

In all, the weather was awesome. Lot's of cool car's crusing PCH. The event was a ton of fun. A thank you to Bill Carson for setting up the wondeful event. Can't wait for another cruise or rally.

p.s. I got around to taking one picture. Late, 22 minutes!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wild Flower Rally FUN!

Thanks to everyone that showed up. I hope all that did the rally had a good time. It was good to see new as well as old faces alike. I got a real kick out of seeing Sniady's co driver - start'em young and hook'em on cars at an early age!

Thanks too to Sniady for putting the event up on the AlfaBB. I hope to use the AlfaBB to better cover Alfa Romeo Owners of Southern California events and ALL Alfa events in general.

I am glad it went as smooth as it did. I have never drawn up a rally before, but I thought that if I liked those roads, Alfa owners would too. I am already planning the next one!

Bill Carson
VP of AROSC and Wild Flower Rally - Rally Master

ps Thanks go to Norm Silverman as Co Rally Master!!!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Wild Flower Rally FUN!

alfabc said:
I got a real kick out of seeing Sniady's co driver - start'em young and hook'em on cars at an early age!
He was into it. His hand's never let go of the pencil and paper the whole way up. I told him to relax, we've got 4 mile's before we get to the twisties, but he declined. He's into it. He wanted more twisties.

I can't wait for the next rally or even a huge group speed cruise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts