Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mailer has gone out for our January Time Trial and Race event, some of you may have it by now. For anyone who hasn't, here's a LINK to the details.

I'm sorry to say we've had to bump prices a bit but the tracks have raised rents again and other prices are up as well. I pay the entry fee just as you all do so I feel the pain as well.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm in. I really hope the temps will be a little more foregiving this year.

Anybody wants to share half of a garage? It'll still be cold out there.

Jorge

·
Registered
46 Posts
Restraint system for TT street performance Ferrari

Hey guys,

Fatbillybob says your event rocks. I'd love to come and run TT with my supercharged 85 308 street car. Am I correct in reading I'll need to install 5 point harness to run Time Trials ? (If so, cool, what a fun Christmas project/present !).

-Luigi

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys,

Fatbillybob says your event rocks. I'd love to come and run TT with my supercharged 85 308 street car. Am I correct in reading I'll need to install 5 point harness to run Time Trials ? (If so, cool, what a fun Christmas project/present !).

-Luigi
A 5 or 6-point harness is required along with a fire extinguisher (metal nozzle). There are a few other things, helmet, gloves, eye protection, etc. but nothing major. Check our the links in the TT section of the AROSC website for more information.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

Bruce,

Thanks for the feedback. I have everything else in order from my involvment with previous track days @ WSIR. Your 5point harness requirement is a step further than I am used too, and given the competition enviornment of time trials, totaly understandable. Sounds to me like you boys take track saftey very seriously, and thats a good thing. Racing harness will be installed and I'll sign up for the Jan TT.

Thanks again,

-Luigi

·
Registered
271 Posts
Anthony,

How do we get jerry V. back on the track? I have tried but no luck. We need to lay some pressure on him to come back!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
No idea what it's going to take. His GTV race car is just sitting. You should call him up and ask to borrow it for the weekend. He came by not too long ago and said he wants us to finish his Giulia Spider race car for the VARA school this winter.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The original plan was to put a passenger seat in the Super and give everybody rides in one of the fastest Giulia Supers in the US (1:38.2 at Willow without the latest mods) but that entry fee sure is steep.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I know, I'll get rid of the brakes!
May be hard to sneak by tech. No wait, just tell them that you have adopted the in-board brake design of the Milano :p, rear _and_ front :eek:

You can also make your gas pedal longer - that's what I'm planning to do :D

Jes

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just tried to book a room for the 11th and 12th at the Antelope Valley Inn and they don't seem to know what the "Alfa Romeo Club" is. They did say they have "Willow Springs" down and that the rate is $89/night (published as $79/night in the event letter). Bruce, are you the one that sets up the deals with the hotel? If so, can you check with them and report back? Not that $10/night is a dealbreaker, but hey $20 is $20!

TYVM!

Pat.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Pat,

This sort of thing also happened at last years Buttonwillow event. The clerk at the hotel kept telling everyone there were no rooms, and then I heard the club got a call from the motel manager asking why no one was staying there.

Or, could be that the block of rooms set aside for AROSC are all taken.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, there are rooms available, they're just $10 more than we thought they were.
I have part of the info. AROSC has a block of 40 rooms set aside, Conf # B90000. The were set aside on November 19. I'm still looking in to the price difference.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts