Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Laguna Seca Dec 30-31 IT'S OFFICIAL! Reg now open! $370 for 2 days!

Update, 7/26/11: Race group is almost full! Only 7 slots remaining. Hurry!

Hi all:

Registration is now open!

We have booked Laguna Seca for a Friday-Saturday at the end of December. AROSC was #1 in the lottery for track dates after the prime customers were scheduled.

We are doing a partial split with NCRC, and will have 4 run groups - Solo, Point-by, Open Passing, and Race. Limited to 120 cars total, 30 per run group. The event will likely sell out, so it will be important to book early!

Motorsport Reg:
MotorsportReg.com : AROSC Races, Time Trials, HPDEs announces Laguna Seca HPDE, TT, Race, Weekend (Fri 30 - Sat 31 Dec, 2011) info at Laguna Seca, Salinas, CA 93908 (7110)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Good news everyone! :D

I still have lots of pics from the last Laguna outing the club had. Here are some:

Pit stalls full of Alfas

Alfa Cup starting grid, led by Paul

Here's our chance to take a whole new set of pics!! Can't wait!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Laguna Seca

"Unofficial pursuant to approval by County of Monterey"
Laguna has to book balance of days, then submit to county for approval.
Laguna has to communicate with all 49 clubs that were trying to book the small amount of dates left for 2011. Watch for registration information.

We have booked Laguna Seca for a Friday-Saturday at the end of December. This is titled "unofficial" until all track dates ate sold and approved by the county. AROSC was #1 in the lottery for track dates after the prime customers were scheduled.

We are doing a partial split with NCRC, and will have 4 run groups - Solo, Point-by, Open Passing, and Race. Limited to 120 cars total, 30 per run group. We will open registration soon on MotorsportReg.com, and will announce it by email when we get county approval. The event will likely sell out, so it will be important to book early![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
831 Posts
"Unofficially", I'm in. We've got what? six months to get our back together yet?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm in for sure. Just hope it doesn't rain then.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, Laguna Seca is on. We will be sending out the e-flyer in a few days.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Terry,
If you can, correct the title from "UNOFFICIAL" to "OFFICIAL". If you can't, I'm sure Simon will if you ask him. I see it listed in motorsportreg and just registered :)
Jes

·
Registered
130 Posts
The price is amazingly LOW!! $370 for two days at laguna is the lowest I have seen all year.

I didn't see the price anywhere on the intro pages at Motorsportsreg. Not until midway into registration. Since price is so low maybe it should be posted on the first page.

This event is going to sell out really fast.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing yet on official hotels. Still a long way off, but I will email Sheila Kutkus for an update.

BTW, we are almost full in Race group. Fair amount of room in the other run groups.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hotel & dinner info for Laguna Seca

We have blocked off 40 rooms at the Laurel Inn Motel, Dec 29-31. The rate per night is $67 single or double. To make reservations call the above number and tell them you are with the Alfa Romeo Club. The block will be held until Dec 15th.

Continental breakfast is included. Refrigerators and coffee makers in all rooms. The Inn is also making available to us their conference room for all 3 evenings. There is big rig parking and security available. After the track Saturday, we will have a special New Years Eve get-together.

Laurel Inn Motel, 801 West Laurel Dr., Salinas, CA 93906. Ph:831-449-2474

DIRECTIONS: On US-101 N, take exit 330 for Laurel Dr, turn right on W Laurel Dr, destination will be on the right.

We’ll be meeting at Gino’s Fine Italian Food after Friday’s event. We’ll be ordering off the menu, separate checks. The menu offers a great selection of pastas, pizza, fresh seafood, chicken and steaks, including fabulous pizza. Don’t miss this, otherwise you’ll wish you had gone when you hear about it at the track on Saturday. Drinks 6:30 pm, Dinner 7:00 pm

Gino’s Fine Italian Food, 1410 S. Main St, Salinas, CA 93908

See you all there!

·
Registered
6 Posts
car rental/instruction at Laguna meet

I'm looking for a car to drive in point-by at Laguna in December. (My Caterham doesn't meet specs). Anyone have any contacts for renting a decent track car - with or without instructor?
Thanks,
Nigel

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all:

We have just opened up a couple of more spots in Race group. Grab one now if you want to go!

1 spot each in Solo/HPDE and Point-by TT groups left.

Lots of room available in Open passing for some reason.

We still have some garage spaces available. We are about half way sold out on the 20 garages. Remember, it might be cool or cold at this event...

·
Registered
738 Posts
We still have some garage spaces available. We are about half way sold out on the 20 garages. Remember, it might be cool or cold at this event...
I signed up through NCRC for both days long ago when they first made it available. So how do I hook up on a garage spot? Secret squirrel handshake?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Available at time of registration (at least with AROSC). Think it was $175 for the weekend.
Jes

·
Registered
831 Posts
I just signed up for the Open Passing group.
HPDE and Point-By are filled. Open Passing and Race are not full yet.

I'm expecting to have fun on a new (to me) track. I've never been to Monterey or Laguna Seca. Allie (my Lady) is thinking about coming. If she does we'll stay an extra day and do some non-racing stuff too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Laguna Seca Almost Sold Out!

Looks like we have 1 race group slot left, and NCRC has someone they want to put in it. We have maybe 4 slots left in Open Passing. Everything else is full!

We also have some garages left. Might be cold up there in December (hint!).

1 - 20 of 58 Posts