Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it.

See you at Buttonwillow.

I just got back from my doctor's visit, and as it turns out, I wont be able to race for another 3-4 weeks. So that means I am not attending this next event.
I am very bummed, but I have no real choice. (I am actually doing quite well from the surgery, just not ready for racing and pit work)
Hope you guys have a lot of fun.

Jorge Mazlumian

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Bruce, any answer to my question above:
any chance a weekend schedule can be distributed before the weekend? Being first run-group on track usually requires an earlier alarm clock than being 3rd or 4th (not skipping the mandatory drivers' meeting).
Jes

·
Registered
642 Posts
Looks like I'm not gonna make it to this race. The car still needs too many little things for me to complete in the time remaining. I should see you at Buttonwillow in october for it's inaugural outing !

Jorge: I may share a garage with you at Buttonwillow if you are interested.

Dan

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I guess I don't understand the purpose of your question. Every driver is required to attend the drivers meeting which occurs prior to on-track sessions.

Bruce, any answer to my question above:
Jes

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
One thing is to be present for the drivers' meeting. Another is to have the car off trailer, all ready to go. Anyway, the question is simply if the program can be distributed 1-2 days ahead by email or posting on the AROSC site. For people arriving Saturday morning, knowing the schedule, can make a difference.
Jes

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
My attendance at Willow Springs is also in question. I won't know until next Friday (the 11th) if I'll be able to come out. I haven't sent an entry in yet, so is it acceptable to show up at registration Saturday with my entry form, tech sheet, and money?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No problem.

My attendance at Willow Springs is also in question. I won't know until next Friday (the 11th) if I'll be able to come out. I haven't sent an entry in yet, so is it acceptable to show up at registration Saturday with my entry form, tech sheet, and money?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
We're sharing the track with TCRA at this event so coordinating run groups is nontrivial. Consequently we may not have everything worked out far enough ahead to provide the information you'd like. One thing I can say is that we usually put either the more experienced TT drivers and race group out on track first in order to provide time for the DE group and the less experienced TT drivers to attend Novice class before hitting the track.

Check your box for a PM.

One thing is to be present for the drivers' meeting. Another is to have the car off trailer, all ready to go. Anyway, the question is simply if the program can be distributed 1-2 days ahead by email or posting on the AROSC site. For people arriving Saturday morning, knowing the schedule, can make a difference.
Jes

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Thanks for the info - that helps.

BTW, the event is run by AROSC, right? (just curious, only minor differences such as gridding, possibility of separate Alfa Cup race, ...) With TCRA participating as well there should be zero risk of cancellation :) :cool:

Jes

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It's an AROSC event.

Thanks for the info - that helps.

BTW, the event is run by AROSC, right? (just curious, only minor differences such as gridding, possibility of separate Alfa Cup race, ...) With TCRA participating as well there should be zero risk of cancellation :) :cool:

Jes

·
Registered
106 Posts
Still time to make your reservations at the Inn of Lancaster. Mention the Alfa club for special rates. 800-406-0466. If you stay at the hotel dinner Saturday night is free. A great place for after track "bench racing" conversation. I have no affiliation with the hotel. See you at the track.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Registration is light, only about half full in HPDE for example. We have enough to make it preferable to go ahead with the event than to cancel it. But it would be very nice to get a bunch more people.

Bruce--any word on how many signed up, and how many HPDE?

Doug Bender

·
Registered
831 Posts
I plan to go.

Bruce, any chance a weekend schedule can be distributed before the weekend? Being first run-group on track usually requires an earlier alarm clock than being 3rd or 4th (not skipping the mandatory drivers' meeting).

Jes
Although I am not Bruce, I might be able to address your on-going question.

My experience shows me that several things need to be done early Saturday morning:
1) Registration is expected to be done before the first run group goes out.
2) Every driver must attend the Drivers Meeting prior to the first run group going out.
3) Each car needs to be Tech'ed (safety inspection). Most are done prior to Saturday morning at a qualified shop.

Usually there are four (4) run groups, but with the new HPDE group, we might have five (5) run groups now. Not really sure how that works yet.

In the past, the first two run groups (Groups 1 & 2) are the experienced Time Trial (TT) drivers. Group 3 is the Novice (beginner) Time Trial Group. And finally the forth group out is the Race Group known as Group R (or Group 4). Then it starts over with Group 1....

I think I end up with three 20 minute sessions before lunch and two more after lunch. I'm not willing to give one up!!!

We always have a car or two in the first run group so we get there early enough to be set-up and ready to run. For those who want a few extra sleep minutes, you can unload and set-up later, but, you can't miss registration, tech, or, the drivers meeting.

The final schedule is defined at the track Saturday morning just after registration is over. That's when they know exactly how many cars will be in each group. Sometimes things get adjusted differently based on the final entries.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Question was answered in earlier post - race group (which matters to me) is likely to go out early, and not as last group.
Jes

·
Registered
584 Posts
Lancaster weather forecast: Friday high 104, Saturday 99, Sunday 89. (All temps in Fahrenheit). Bring your sunscreen and lots of water.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I just checked the weekend forecast at weather.com and get a somewhat lower set of predictions, 99, 93 and 87 deg. Either way, sunscreen and water will be very important.

Lancaster weather forecast: Friday high 104, Saturday 99, Sunday 89. (All temps in Fahrenheit). Bring your sunscreen and lots of water.

·
Registered
831 Posts
This is on YouTube. It seems to be the main race on Sunday afternoon as viewed from Scott Millers GTV. A lot of nice driving here.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts