Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just posted info for the AROSC Track Event scheduled for 12 & 13 Sep 2009. The Entry Form has been posted separately this time.

Please note that we have added an HPDE run group to the program. We have incorporated this in order to provide a track experience for those who want a less intense outing than a TT situation might provide and who do not have cars up to TT spec.

Finally, I'd like to apologize for getting this out a little late. I've reworked the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums website and generated a totally new website for the arosc competition stuff. It just turned out to take a little more time than I expected.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timed laps for TT will be taken during the last TT session on Sunday.

I noticed there is 1 day registration option on the entry. If we run only saturday can we get our lap times to count for the Time Trial Competition?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
howdy bruce

how much track sessions does one get for 1 day time trials?

are transponders availble for rent?

cheers

db

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
whats the deal with the HPDE? Are track rules the same as TT group? Want to bring my new little monster out! But not willing to put a 5 point in it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much track sessions does one get for 1 day time trials?
How does 'half as much as you would get in two days' sound? BTW, TT timed runs will be taken from an individual's last TT run group session on Sunday.

are transponders availble for rent?
db
I'm afraid we don't have enough cash available to purchase transponders for rental purposes. Sorry.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whats the deal with the HPDE? Are track rules the same as TT group? Want to bring my new little monster out! But not willing to put a 5 point in it.
The safety requirements for HPDE are less demanding than for TT BUT the "on-track" activities will be more controlled to compensate for this. All the details are available at AROSC-HPD Home Page.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
How does 'half as much as you would get in two days' sound? BTW, TT timed runs will be taken from an individual's last TT run group session on Sunday.

I'm afraid we don't have enough cash available to purchase transponders for rental purposes. Sorry.

so is that 3 or 4 session per day?

im not sure it the unit even works anymore but have an old timer i suppose i can use. i will need to set up the transmitter on the side of the track somewhere.

5 point would be another issue for me also.

thanks

db

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Track Time

We usualy have 3 - 4 practice sessions on Sat and 2 on Sunday. I have seen 80 - 100 track miles in a time trial weekend.
If you don't want to put in 5 point belts yet then the HPDE run group is what you are looking for. And since there is no timing for HPDE you don't have to worry about a transponder. Just have a friend time you with a stop watch, like we all did "back in the day".
So dig up a Snell 2000 M or SA and we will see you at the track.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My entry has been mailed. See you at the track.

I will only be able to attend saturday. I'm disappointed my lap time won't count but I'm sure Itl well still be a great time as always.

BTW the new competition page looks nice. Specially the front page that has my old MR2 as the HPDE car.:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just a little more fun for the DE drivers. Pits are open and you're encouraged to hang around the action. You may also become friendly with someone who has a harness on the passenger seat and wants some company. :eek:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Transponder Requests

Originally Posted by geh458
Terry,

What's the drop dead date for you to order them, and then redistribute them us in time for the event in September at Willow Springs? I wouldn't want to have to install it at the track Saturday morning.

ASAP,
SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!
Last time AMB got the units to me in less than a week.
I spoke with Amanda at AMB this morning (8-21-2009) and they will continue our last quoted price for AROSC (Major),
with 12 or more purchased at one time.

$340 Hardwire or $370 Battery Powered.

Please Email a purchase commitment to majoc[email protected],
Please state Hardwire or Battery Operated.

AMB's current price for single units is $380 and $420, which means a $40 or $50 savings if bought through our group.

If I can get 7 or more commitments I will purchase 10-12 transponders.

Terry,

What's the drop dead date for you to order them, and then redistribute them us in time for the event in September at Willow Springs? I wouldn't want to have to install it at the track Saturday morning.

They are located in Georgia.
I will order 12 units as soon as I have 6-7 or 8 commitments.

If timing comes to be a problem, the hardwire unit is very easy to install, run a wire to ignition, fuel pump...etc and the battery operated transponder will screw or zip tie to your car only needing 24 hrs to charge, and will last full weekend...easy.
Terry

·
Registered
374 Posts
to go or not to go

I don't know who is more itching to go, my car or I. But my going there will depend on how well I feel from my shoulder after having had surgery just a few weeks ago. I know I can beat you guys just one-handedly, but I might not be able to get the car on and off the trailer, and change wheels. :D

So if there are any volunteers for pit crew, that would be great. ;)
I shall make my decision next week, depending on how my shoulder feels. So far hurts a lot, but is improving.
Keeping my fingers crossed

Jorge Mazlumian
73 GTV

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Any idea on an entry count yet? I too want to go, but haven't yet decided, but will make a decision by next Monday, so as to get my entry post-marked by the 2nd.

·
Registered
642 Posts
My race Super is finally done-ish. Still have to tune the carbs. I don't want to stress and make any stupid mistakes. We have too many commitments for me to do a full weekend this month AND a full weekend in Oct at Buttonwillow. But I can do one day of the upcoming weekend and still do the full weekend next month. I'm really considering that this first outing will be a lot of testing/tuning/breaking in of the car and myself/etc. Which day should I choose if I decide to go for it ?

Dan

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
We usualy have 3 - 4 practice sessions on Sat and 2 on Sunday. I have seen 80 - 100 track miles in a time trial weekend.
If you don't want to put in 5 point belts yet then the HPDE run group is what you are looking for. And since there is no timing for HPDE you don't have to worry about a transponder. Just have a friend time you with a stop watch, like we all did "back in the day".
Paul,

With the new format, taking the times from the last session on Sunday, versus the old way of sending 10 cars out for timing (taking longer to complete each group), wouldn't that allow for the time to have the same number of sessions on both Saturday and Sunday? That would only make it fair to those that can only attend one day, especially if they get charged the same for Saturday or Sunday.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I plan to go.

Bruce, any chance a weekend schedule can be distributed before the weekend? Being first run-group on track usually requires an earlier alarm clock than being 3rd or 4th (not skipping the mandatory drivers' meeting).

Jes

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We usually have 3 - 4 practice sessions on Sat and 2 on Sunday. I have seen 80 - 100 track miles in a time trial weekend.
That was then and this is now. Because we are now relying on transponders for TT timing, Saturday and Sunday will be very similar in terms of sessions. "Official" TT Times will be generated from a TT run group's last Sunday track session so we won't need to spend most of Sunday PM timing TT cars.

·
Registered
374 Posts
garage

for those of you to delicate to withstand the wind/rain/heat or cold, or you just simple want to have shade, compressed air and power, I am willing to share my garage with one other person.
And my garage is right next to an outdoor lift, very convenient. It's in the back.
$75 for Sat and Sunday. I'll bring the cooler and beers.

Jorge
P.S. In the event I am not able to attend the event because of my recovering shoulder, I shall notify well in advance! But I'm leaning on going!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just got back from my doctor's visit, and as it turns out, I wont be able to race for another 3-4 weeks. So that means I am not attending this next event.
I am very bummed, but I have no real choice. (I am actually doing quite well from the surgery, just not ready for racing and pit work)
Hope you guys have a lot of fun.

Jorge Mazlumian

1 - 20 of 38 Posts