Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AROSC Fall Driving School is just a month away (Sep 1 & 2) at the Streets of Willow. We'll be offering the usual:
  • Road Racing
  • Advance Time Trials
  • Novice Time Trials, and
  • High Performance Street Driving
Classes. Some of the classes tend to fill up quickly so don't wait too long to send in your applications.

·
Registered
21 Posts
1 for race group

Looking forward to doing the race school for the first time.

Can anyone recommend a place to purchase a multilayer suit online or in the bay area?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Any reason we are not going to the Essex House this time? I can't seem to be able to connect by phone. They have the best parking for trailers.
Jorge

·
Registered
374 Posts
Looking forward to doing the race school for the first time.

Can anyone recommend a place to purchase a multilayer suit online or in the bay area?
I bought mine from Demon Tweeks in the UK.
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/
It was a very good price for a Sparco. But with today's exchange rate I don't know. They have a good catalog. Just order one size larger than you think.
Jorge

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any reason we are not going to the Essex House this time? I can't seem to be able to connect by phone. They have the best parking for trailers.
Jorge
I don't know the exact details but according to WSIR, they closed their doors as a hotel some time in July.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah too bad the owners sold the hotel and it is being converted to an assisted living community. So what hotel will step with the good discounts for the race crowd?

Bob
WSIR is suggesting the Antelope Valley Inn & Conference Center on North Sierra Highway in Lancaster. You can Google them for info.

·
Registered
271 Posts
WSIR is suggesting the Antelope Valley Inn & Conference Center on North Sierra Highway in Lancaster. You can Google them for info.
I think this is the place with the mexican food stand in front of it????? If so their trailer parking is not good but the staff is very accomodating. There is was a place next door that had good trailer parking and a restaruant as part of the facility like the old essex house.

My mistake??? the place with the bad parking was Desert inn I think next to Antelope valley inn? May someone can confirm.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I personally like the Inn of Lancaster, in the same block. Fairly good trailer parking. The rooms are very decent and they have breakfast.

BTW, they tell me that their rooms are going fast. Probably another soccer/softball tournament.
J.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Check sent. Now to book the hotel room. Too bad the Essex House is no longer in the biz. I actually liked them.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Hey guys, if I have a crack in my windshield (about 1 foot long) that means I can't enter in any group correct?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Cracked windshield a problem ?

Grant:
Check the Comp Code at arosc.org. I can't remember anything about cracked windshields.

Good luck.
pb

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I checked the rulebook and it just says that there needs to be a windshield of some sort. I won't have safety harnesses and stuff ready for the time trial school so I'd be in the performance street class again. Who do I need to get in contact with?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Driving School sign up

The flyers were printed the other day. A little mixup in getting the mailing labels printed is holding them up. They will be in the mail ASAP.
So make your reservations at the AVI, or where ever you want to stay.
See you all at School
pb

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Hi again, should I contact Paul Ellis or should I contact the local tech inspector about whether or not I can drive with a crack on side of the windshield?

Thanks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi again, should I contact Paul Ellis or should I contact the local tech inspector about whether or not I can drive with a crack on side of the windshield?

Thanks.
Grant,

I don't know your application but you could get a 4x8 sheet of 3/16" lexan plastic at the local plastics place and cut a window with a jigsaw really fast. 3/16" bends into moderate shapes too.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I'd just play ignorant.
Paul E doesn't use a computer, and Steve H does not look at the BB much so they wouldn't know about this.
As long as your local tech guy is OK with the windshield and gives you a Tech Sheet that will be OK with AROSC.
What the Heck,
Anyway I remember that your Milano spent a bunch of time "frequently sideways" at a recent school so who would pay attention to a little crack in your windhshield.
Or you could paste some of those fake bullet holes on it . . . . .
I hear it is a hassle finding Milano windshields.
About belts, for school just change the bolts for eye bolts and clip in the shoulder and outboard lap belts. Add an inboard eye bolt and clip the inboard lap belt. Add a crotch strap eye bolt.
There you go, Belts good enough for school.
pb

pb

1 - 20 of 71 Posts