Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday, June 7th, AROSC will put on our first ever ENDURO at Buttonwillow Raceway Park! The race will be 2 hours of racing, and there will be at least one manditory timed pit stop (probably 2 hrs, 15 minutes total). We will have 40 cars in the race, and I suspect that over half of them will be Alfas. Since we have never done an enduro before, we will need lots of help. We need volunteers for Timing and Scoring, Flaggers for turns, Pit Marshals (to ensure that proper pit rules are followed), people to work the pit-in and pit-out stations, people to grid the cars, etc. etc.

Any volunteers?? Please?

Please let me know! It should be a blast! Plus, rumor has it that there will be some "famous drivers" participating in this race, too!

Thanks!!

Bradley Gray
Director of Introductory Group
Enduro Committee
AROSC
[email protected]

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Brad,

Do you have any info of where to stay or where everyone is going to stay for the event? I've never been to Buttonwillow and this seems like somthing I definatly dont want to miss or just see pictures of.

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lodging in Buttonwillow.

Actually, I was thinking of camping at the track. There are showers/bathrooms/restaurant AND a cool barbeque at the track following the Enduro on Saturday night! I think the club is buying a keg, too. Plus, in June, it will be plenty warm. I think a lot of people may camp, and drink into the wee hours.......I know that one of the "sponsors" that I am working on for my car is a winery, so there should be some good wine too.

There are several hotels in Buttonwillow. They are all truck-stop type places, and they all cost around $35 or $40. They are 10 miles south of the track. Good Nite Inn, Super 8, Motel 6 are a few. Buttonwillow IS a truck stop.

·
Registered
378 Posts
about 10 miles just past the track is Lost Hills. here the hotels are farther away from the highway so the trucks on the highway don't keep you up. i think we're staying at the motel 6 here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts