Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Final standings for all car classes and run groups are not yet available. However, based on only being passed a couple of times during the four Sunday advanced sessions, that consisted of approximately 29 entries, it looks like I posted the 3rd fastest lap at 1:44.428 in my 2017 Acura NSX, which was 1.978 seconds behind the fastest lap of the day in the advanced group, and 1.045 seconds behind the Race Group’s fastest lap of the day - see post above!

Cars competing in the TT-2 Advanced Group included various vintage and model Porsches (Boxster S, Cayman GT4 and 911 SC, C4S, Carreras and two Turbos), one Corvette, Mustangs (GT's and one Cobra) BMW’s (325's, 335's and M3's) an Audi RS5, a Cadillac ATS-V Sedan, a Mitsubishi Evo X, a Honda S2000 and a scattering of Miata's.

Click on the link for the in-car video of the last Sunday session for the Advanced Group. For the first two laps I let my tires come up to temperature and then after the 4:20 minute mark I picked up my pace. After reviewing my in-car videos, I may have been able to shave 2 seconds off my time. However, due to an oil spill during the previous session, the Championship Points Session of the Advanced Group was reduced from 20 minutes to 12 minutes, reducing my opportunity to improve and post a faster lap time. None-the-less, I’m very happy with my performance, but to be fair I need to give a lot of credit to my 2017 NSX, in that there was no faster competing car, at least in the straights.

https://vimeo.com/375641249

I want to thank AROSC, and specifically Don Wagner, Paul , Norm Silverman and the other AROSC Directors, Instructors and Members for organizing and hosting this very successful track event. I also want to thank my fellow NSX owners Ed Bryne and Peter Groves for joining me at Laguna Seca and to congratulate them on posting some great lap times for being time trial novices! We attracted a lot of visitors to our area of the paddock and countless number of photos were taken of our NSX’s! I particularly want to thank Peter Cunningham founder of Realtime Racing for his invaluable professional coaching, because it certainly helped me beat my personal best lap time by nearly 5 seconds!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Mario - thanks for starting this thread.

I echo Mario's gratitude for AROSC and everyone in the club for organizing such an event, and making it run so smoothly given the proverbial speedbumps we had over the weekend. I for one, had a fantastic time.

The results from the Time Trials and Race can be found here: https://racehero.io/events/arosc-laguna-seca-nov-23-24-2019/results

Mario, your NSX is a beauty! Is that wing an option when purchased new?

I'll post some pics below.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
There were some epic saves at T11. Here's one.

Race group saw a lot of close, fender to fender action.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mario - thanks for starting this thread.

I echo Mario's gratitude for AROSC and everyone in the club for organizing such an event, and making it run so smoothly given the proverbial speedbumps we had over the weekend. I for one, had a fantastic time.

The results from the Time Trials and Race can be found here: https://racehero.io/events/arosc-laguna-seca-nov-23-24-2019/results

Mario, your NSX is a beauty! Is that wing an option when purchased new?

I'll post some pics below.
Thanks Nizam, The Gen 2 Acura NSX, introduced at the end of 2016, is a great all around sports car, comfortable on long road trips, easy to drive around town, a beast on the track and most importantly of all, it is extremely reliable! In 14 months, I driven my NSX 40,600 miles, including 3 coast to coast road trips and 12 track days with no mechanical problems whatsoever. That is why the Gen 2 NSX was awarded the performance car of the year in 2017 by Road and Track Magazine!

The carbon fiber GT Wing is a prototype designed and installed by APR Performance in Pomona, CA.

Below are a couple of photos of my 2017 Acura NSX.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
So if you liked the 2019 event how about New Year's for 2020 !! Dec 30-31 2020 is confirmed.
A great mid week deal Wed and Thurs. What the heck, take the whole week off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts