Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the complements guys!

The only thing I'd like more than to be covering the event would be to participate in the event. Just give me some time I'll get there. Then you guys will be able to watch in-board video footage.

:)

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I did a Nizam this weekend (when he spun his milano in turn 9 at willow, car was covered in dirt inside and out), everyone said it was the biggest dust cloud they have every seen. They black flagged me, and a buddy of mine said when I pulled in the pits and stopped I left a square of dirt.

As you can see in the gallery of pictures, there's a circle laughing at me.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Great shots there Simon! Wish I coulda come out and played. Maybe I can work Anthony's pit one of these days. Hell, I could be one of those umbrella holder guys.

Plenty of opportunities to play "Where's Sniady" in that gallery!

·
Registered
333 Posts
BW Pics

Great portraits of my Ti. Glad you like the car so much. It really is fun. No acceleration, no great torque, not much speed, but no need for breaks. Come over and say hello next time and take a few laps.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hey.........what is that cool red car with the green and white front bumper? Top pic has it as #717 and it ran as #11. I have never seen one. I do see that it has an Alfa emblem. Its the one that is rear engine with the doors that have ferrari 308 lines. Front end kind of reminds me of a GT40. I love that thing. And the album was great.

John M

·
Registered
241 Posts
That car.....

The car you are asking about is a sports racer that was built by a fellow in Poway, CA. It took him 20 years to complete it. He originally designed the frame w/ popsicle sticks. He took welding courses and bought a welder and went to woork on it. He even built the body. I originally saw the car in 1991, when we went to his house to help w/ some mechanical stuff. The body molds were there, too. It has Toyota Supra suspension, and an Alfa 6 cyl. engine. After completing it, he sold it to Joe Leone, who now races it w/ AROSC. Joe has upgraded the roll bar, and replaced the front windshield w/ lexan, I think. I also understand it is for sale, and that it took a hit in the rear at the Buttonwillow event.

So yes, it is Alfa powered, but not built by the factory. I love that car!

Joe has been kind enough to let me drive it on a few occaisions (twice at Willow Springs and once at Fontana). It's a real kick in the pants! I felt like I was driving in the Targa Floria! And it's FAST!!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hey Bradley:

Yep....that is a great looking car. What is Joe looking to get out of it? Do you know what the body panels are made from? And what does the rear look like? In any case its a very sharp car.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hey Anthony:

Thanks for checking with your uncle. Too rich for me but it is a great looking car. If I come into some more dough I may reconsider. Dam, its sharp!

Best Regards,
John M

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AlfaRacer75 said:
Any possibility of registering it for occasional street driving??
I dont know about registering it with the motor you mentioned but I was talking with Joe and he said its registered pre 74 for street driving although he doesnt street it much.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Actually why not? How about those ugly dragster like kit cars? How come they get to go on the road??

Although, I wouldn't want to use it on the road, it's too low. And SUV will easily not see the car and roll over it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts