Alfa Romeo Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Count me in for weekday event at Laguna Seca!!!!! or Sears!!!

Ever consider Thunderhill? Great track and I believe much more available and reasonably priced. I know it's a haul from So Cal, but perhaps not much more than Sears.

David

·
Registered
130 Posts
How about a joint event with TCRA at cal speedway running the full competition road course with the nascar banking? Much closer than laguna and cost is about the same.

It's hard to get drivers if you run just the interior road course but the Roval is very popular.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i just got the schedule for the NCRC (nor cal racing club...... a newish group but with some experienced guys running it).... they have two one day events at Laguna this year, both on a monday. google them if interested, i have run with them also and they are a good group, but you will see some big-bore type cars.

the main point however is that others are doing the weekday thing and making it work.... Bruce, Directors: let's push for this!
if it happens i will be a paying customer whether my car is ready or not... always have the street Super to drive in a pinch!

·
Registered
95 Posts
...nor cal racing club... they have two one day events at Laguna this year...
One thing I am concerned about - I keep hearing so much about the noise limit issues. I mean, how restrictive is it really? I'd hate to go all the way up there and then not be able to run. I can't believe my Miata is all that loud, but I've heard tales of otherwise street legal cars still being too loud for that track.

Pat.

·
Registered
287 Posts
the noise restriction is an issue for many cars, however, rather than trying to reinvent your exhaust system, i have found that the simplest solution is to either upshift right before the sound meter (works well with my gearing), or lift at the meter.
yes, it will rob you of speed and will have a slight impact on your time, but still better than impacting your time all the way around the track with a restrictive exhaust.

exhausts routed to driver's left, and upward seem to dissipate the best as well.

·
Registered
271 Posts
the noise restriction is an issue for many cars, however, rather than trying to reinvent your exhaust system, i have found that the simplest solution is to either upshift right before the sound meter (works well with my gearing), or lift at the meter.
yes, it will rob you of speed and will have a slight impact on your time, but still better than impacting your time all the way around the track with a restrictive exhaust.

exhausts routed to driver's left, and upward seem to dissipate the best as well.
Does this put a smile on your face? Pineapple cans they work and tastes great!

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well, just when I thought everything was stable, along comes Buttonwillow to tell us they "had previously assigned our date to Speed Ventures" but that we could have June 28 & 29. Having little choice, we said "OK". We did learn that Speed Ventures gets priority over us because they bring in more gate receipts at their events than we do. While I don't like it, I guess I can understand their thinking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They previously assigned our date to Speed Ventures? What took them so long to figure out this error? How complicated is the Buttonwillow calendar?

Why can't they just tell you the truth and say that they bumped AROSC?

I guess it's too much to expect honesty and integrity from any racing organization.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
... What took them so long to figure out this error? How complicated is the Buttonwillow calendar?

Why can't they just tell you the truth and say that they bumped AROSC? ....
To be fair, they told us about the conflict a couple weeks ago. I've been sick with the "holiday cold" and the holidays didn't leave me with a lot of time, so I just got it posted today. And as far as being bumped goes, I agree that it looks suspicious. However, there's no way for us to know for sure what went on. It could be just as they say. The only way to move up the pecking order is to get more people out to our events.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I plan to participate. I haven't been running for a while but I've got my Integra fixed up and plan on running more events this year.

It's obvious that AROSC got bumped by the BW management or that the management gave AROSC the May 31st date knowing that Speed Ventures was possibly going to run on that weekend.

Either way it's not a very nice way to conduct business with a long time customer like AROSC.

I'm doing my part and I'm trying to recruit a relative from the Bay Area to run at Buttonwillow.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Bruce,
Are you guys planning enduros at both BW events, or only at "ours" in June?
Jes

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Bruce,
Are you guys planning enduros at both BW events, or only at "ours" in June?
Jes
Only June (I think). It would be up to TCRA for the earlier one. I'll check with them just in case.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Bruce

Have you considered El Toro for a TT?

I was there today and took the following pictures. I know of a company that rents the track for sound tests; it appears that it could be rented for a TT and maybe an Alfa Cup.

I have some contact info if you see an interest.

Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Bruce

Have you considered El Toro for a TT?

I was there today and took the following pictures. I know of a company that rents the track for sound tests; it appears that it could be rented for a TT and maybe an Alfa Cup.

I have some contact info if you see an interest.

Peter
We already have a rather full schedule for 2008 but it might be interesting for next year. However, we've looked into El Toro in the past and had no luck with respect to holding competitive events there. Never the less, I would appreciate it if you would PM me the contact info. Who knows, maybe things are different now.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
HI Bruce, Was just checking the schedule at Buttonwillow. They do not have TCRA scheduled for April 19-20. They are showing Northern Cal Racing Club??? Whats up with that?
Fred
I've checked with TCRA and they assure me everything is all set. I'll check again when we get closer to the event date.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.