Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
the Bay Area Lotus Club just sent an email for a one day event at Laguna on Jan. 29.
check their site if interested GOLDEN GATE LOTUS CLUB - Lotus Car Club.
these guys are Alfa friendly, and very easy going. i have joined them at a number of tracks and they put on a good show. they are also a good example of a local club that could be invited to a potential AROSC event at Laguna.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i just got the schedule for the NCRC (nor cal racing club...... a newish group but with some experienced guys running it).... they have two one day events at Laguna this year, both on a monday. google them if interested, i have run with them also and they are a good group, but you will see some big-bore type cars.

the main point however is that others are doing the weekday thing and making it work.... Bruce, Directors: let's push for this!
if it happens i will be a paying customer whether my car is ready or not... always have the street Super to drive in a pinch!

·
Registered
287 Posts
the noise restriction is an issue for many cars, however, rather than trying to reinvent your exhaust system, i have found that the simplest solution is to either upshift right before the sound meter (works well with my gearing), or lift at the meter.
yes, it will rob you of speed and will have a slight impact on your time, but still better than impacting your time all the way around the track with a restrictive exhaust.

exhausts routed to driver's left, and upward seem to dissipate the best as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.