Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
WW11 Alfa Command post

As you have started a thread on Alfa wartime trucks ,I thought that this would be the place for the following photos of AR 500 command post and AR 500 with towed sleeping quarters.
Charley

Attachments

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
fantastic pictures - thanks very much for posting

I will dig in my archives and see if I find a couple pics as well

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here are a few more Military trucks that may be of interest . an 800 gassogeno militaire a 500 mobile airforce workshop and an AR 800 re tracked truck , if anyone has any further info on this latter truck I would love to know ,I assume that it was a one off.
Charley

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
@Charley, the picture you posted of the 800RE half track truck was indeed a one-off. It was made as s prototype and remained at that stage.

·
Registered
122 Posts
FNM cutia

I have for many years been interested in the activities of Alfa Romeo in other than the motor car business and have bemoaned the woeful lack of information on anything other than the mainstream business. This has started to be addressed starting with the Negri Foundation publication of the Camion Alfa book however there is still an amazing lack of information on other aspects of the world of Alfa Romeo in particular its overseas operations . It was while trying to research this aspect of a AR history that I came across the little tracked vehicle produced in prototype form for the Brasilian army by FNM in 1966. I made contact with Grupo Alfa Romeo Brasil who kindly sent me the following photos of the armoured car known as the CUTIA.
Full details ( in Portugese) can be obtained here in www.defesa.ufjf.br/fts/cutia.pdf pdf form , the article also has lots of extra photos including an overview of the FNM works. I also include a link to the fantastic thesis of Mr. Eduardo Paiva on FNM http://fnm.ufrj.br
Details of the Cutia are as follows
Made by FNM - FABRICA NACIONAL DE MOTORES
ENGINE - ALFA ROMEO 4CYL 95HP 1975CC ( the motor from FNM JK ,instrument panel also used in cutia)
LENGTH 3.60m
WIDTH 1.85m
HEIGHT 1.12m
WEIGHT 2.700kg
MAX SPEED 80km/h on road
50km/h off road
FUEL CAPACITY 60 lt
RANGE 300km
4 seated pass
ARMAMENT .30 MACHINE GUN

I hope this proves of some interest
Charley

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
its has little to do with being italian or not. Its all about having passion for a Marque with a celebrated history in racing and a company that builds sporting cars for a very realistic price, which stand out from the crowd...

·
Registered
561 Posts
That Alfa tank has the thinnest track i have ever seen on a tank. Would not want to take that on soft ground.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Full details ( in Portugese) can be obtained here in www.defesa.ufjf.br/fts/cutia.pdf pdf form , the article also has lots of extra photos including anm overview of the FNM works. I also include a link to the fantastic thesis of Mr. Eduardo Paiva on FNM Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Updated on the expired links:

The article is now available at: http://www.ecsbdefesa.com.br/defesa/fts/4X4&Cia91.pdf
The thesis is now available via: Fabrica Nacional de Motores e a industria automotiva brasileira pela Teoria Ator-Rede

1 - 15 of 15 Posts