Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my next question is...

I assume I have to go with Alfa OEM Securit glass? The OEM glass has a heated bottom strip area, but I wonder if it really works that well. If there is a cheaper version without it, will I miss it?

Are there any non-OEM windshields out there for 164's? I'm guessing there aren't any more.

Cheers,
Paul H.

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
So my next question is...

I assume I have to go with Alfa OEM Securit glass? The OEM glass has a heated bottom strip area, but I wonder if it really works that well. If there is a cheaper version without it, will I miss it?

Are there any non-OEM windshields out there for 164's? I'm guessing there aren't any more.

Cheers,
Paul H.

right now no cheaper versions available, we use to have the non-heated but they are becoming hard to get now. Sekurit is the best around. Fits the best still maintains your heating element which may not be used but at least you can say you have it, you know when you go to big bear or Mammoth for that skit trip in the alfa :)
I think I have fair prices on them if your interested?
I prefer the OEM, $810+/- to your door.(mostly fright cost) I am out of town for the week but I can help when I get back
Jason

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Trust me on this one, get Jason's windshield as this glass is very hard to find. How do I know? I just spent a week plus searching for a new windshield for my black 164Q. I found 1 at PPG, and one other one that was not heated on the east coast. If you want the glass number I have it. I have the glass here in a great shipping case from Jason, arrived in perfect shape and now waiting for my glass installer to have a time slot to put it all in. :)
Jason even has the chrome strips, so it was a one stop shopping experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts