Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedometer just stopped working yesterday... sooo... to pinpoint where is the failure, first i`ve pulled out speedometer, and drove around the block to check if it is speedometer by itself or cable (it is cable) after my return, i`ve opened the hood, trunk, and started to looking at cables... well get my advice: do that before a ride, so exhaust manifold will not be hot, but anyway, i had to drove my alfa onto ramps because retainer ring from lower epeedometer cable dived somewhere far too far for my reach.... in the meantime I`ve left my drill and my workshop manual in the trunk, and on the top of that a can of WD40.... while driving onto ramps, trunk closed iself, pressing "release" on my WD40.... whole can of that crap went into my trunk... im so upset, not because it got into trunk, but my workshop manual that i had inherited from PO (that was in bad shape already) now looks just horribly!!!
uhhh..... now i have to order a upper speedo cable.
Have good day (at least better than mine)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah you are right, Paint would be PITA....
"Always look on the bright side of life [whistle]"

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
... while driving onto ramps, trunk closed iself, pressing "release" on my WD40....
whoa....I bet you could not replicate that if you wanted to, that's not stupid, it's just very bad luck!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Imagine...

What if, instead of a shop manual, you had a cardisc displayed on your laptop:eek:

Look on the bright side..things can get worse..and probably will.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Were you drinking? I hope so, then you have a good excuse. That's the type of things that happen to me when I mix beer and Alfa's...the joy of Alfa ownership.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What if, instead of a shop manual, you had a cardisc displayed on your laptop:eek:

Look on the bright side..things can get worse..and probably will.
:) i have $25 Sony Vaio (that work as my GPS as well) so.. not a big deal :)
but already ordered upper speedo cable, and some motor mounts as well from IAP,
Price came out only $0.30 different than Centerline`s, too bad there is no free shipping ;(
but IAP warehouse is closer, so it may come very very fast ;)

and now im off to work,
Have a good Day folks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
You are going to have a thrill a minute doing the motor mounts. I changed mine last week. The one on the driver's side is easy, the other one is a bear. Unless I missed something you have to remove the plenum which means disconnecting a lot of hoses, the oil separator and dealing with two bolts under the plenum that you get to by feel. Of course I added to the joy by changing out the rubber intake runners while I at it. Doesn't sound too bad but as always, bolts are in tough places at fun angles.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
;) Im not taking intake plenum anymore.... (first I`ll try to tacke that without taking it off) I've aleready had fun with these intake runners... good that nobody around speaks polish because I did swear a bit...

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
What John said.

Works great, and is only about 2-3$ more as a whole than either half of the two part version, ($18-$19 for the single vs $16-$17 each), and your O2 tripometer/reminder will be none the wiser.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well its too late now Im afraid....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts