Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Mike -
They look like the "waiting to be refinished" ones I have in my garage. My Z is sporting the cast GTA copies and I love the look - original, yet somehow improved.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yes, they are the same as the ones I took off my Junior that were stolen from my back yard back in the late eighties. Now some where in Baja, I suppose where some one is still trying to fit them to his 'chevy'
ciao,
pat

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, all. I should have looked in th trunk also to find the answer :)

They are offered in Italy and I wnt to get them. Apart from the orignial spare, I have Campagnolos on my Z and a nice original set is what I wanted in addition.

Where are market prices these days? I figured a couple of hundred bucks maybe. Quite cheap, given the insane prices I have to pay for an original Fuchs rim for an early 911 ...

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
If memory serves me correctly (I don't have my JZ parts list at hand) the JZ wheels have a 10536 part number, which makes them uniqe to the JZ. I believe that the difference from the other 105 wheels is that the wheel centers are fixed to the wheel. I have never seen a set for sale before, and they are very rare.

Erik S

·
Registered
518 Posts
The wheel part No is 105.59.28.010.00 (Tavola 53) in the parts list. This is for the 1300 Jnr Z, looking at the image, the ctr does appear to be integral with the wheel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The 1300 JZ and 1600 JZ used the same wheels.The set on ebay are the real deal including the badges go get 'em and dont complain about the price.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Balancing???

If memory serves me correctly (I don't have my JZ parts list at hand) the JZ wheels have a 10536 part number, which makes them uniqe to the JZ. I believe that the difference from the other 105 wheels is that the wheel centers are fixed to the wheel. I have never seen a set for sale before, and they are very rare.

Erik S
How are the wheels balanced, if the centers are fixed?

·
Registered
30 Posts
With care, dont let the balancing "experts" out of your sight,the badges must be removed.They are definitely 105.59 i.e. GTA 1300 as well as JZ.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lost out the ebay wheels to a very nice fellow in France. He was hunting them down for his 68 1300Z.

Thanks to Mr. Colby though, I have found a set that was closer to home and now I am the proud owner of 5 original Junior Z wheels.

Thanks, Bruce. That was a fun little get together on Sat morning.

Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
The badges are plastic and become brittle I made up small Aluminium discs and glued them to the back of each badge to spread the load from the steel lugs!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts