Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My top's boot (cover) is only secured at the 2 corners & the front clips over the body. Problem is, the rear of the boot flaps around when traveling & looks like it should have had a few clips built into the rear section that could hold it tight against the stainless molding that runs across the car. Were there clips? If so, where do I get them. Thanks.

·
Administrator
17,768 Posts
From Centerline's web page: (pictures are links to the web pages)
Plastic clip that holds the convertible-top boot onto the chrome trim strip around the rear of a Spider passenger compartment.

From IAP's web page:

Plastic Clip for Top Boot Clip Kit

Other suppliers likely have the same item.

·
Registered
44 Posts
These plastic clips are held onto the cover by two metal clips. Make sure you order these as well if you don't have them. It takes a top metal, bottom metal, and plastic clip for each location. There are 12 of these setups around the cover.
BTW, one of the metal clips is currently on back-order at IAP until Oct 1.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
vicks has them

I got some of those clips from Vick last month. Get a couple more than you think you're going to need while you're buying . Easier than paying shipping twice.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Should be noted that the hard veloce cover with the hard sides doesn't have these clips on it. Just the basic boot has them.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Should be noted that the hard veloce cover with the hard sides doesn't have these clips on it. Just the basic boot has them.

Best Regards,
John M
It should also be noted that John's comment applies to S3 Spiders. S2 Spiders and S3 Graduates had the cover w/o the "hard top".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts