Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys - I thought I got all the bolts off to get the '66 dash out but it doesn't want to come loose and forcing it seems like a ridiculously lousy idea.

I got the two on the sides out, but most of the discussions about dash removal seem to reference two center vents that my dash top does not have. It appears the Stepnose cars have a solid dash top where the later cars have vents. Not sure if there were mounting point changes that went along with that.

Thanks!

EDIT - are the bolts in the same location but are only visible once the dash top comes out?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
There's a bolt that holds the dash down. It's located between the right side of the glovebox and the radio hole. Only accessible from up under the dash.

Don't force the dash upwards until you've removed the nut from it.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a bolt that holds the dash down. It's located between the right side of the glovebox and the radio hole. Only accessible from up under the dash.

Don't force the dash upwards until you've removed the nut from it.
Ah, let me crawl back under there and find that one.

Thank you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If it's a 66 then it has the flat dash with 4 inset gauges? Then there are the studs on each side, the bolt that goes through the steering column bracket, and all the little bolts along the top edge which are only visible when the top pad is off. Also, your heater control panel might be attached to the dash by a screw.

As Pancho said, there is a stud that goes through the dash from the top pad as well. You won't get that pad off until the nut is off. Then you'll see the 8 or so bolts along the top edge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts