Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Somewhat strange question but I'm wondering if the 131 tooth 6-bolt flywheel i took off a 2.0 TS 75 engine is the same as the 131 tooth 6-bolt flywheel from a Spica 2.0 spider? I can't compare them side by side, but they look ****ed alike.

Thanks

·
Richard Jemison
7,394 Posts
Flywheels

No they are not the same. But to be clear, A "75" flywheel is not a clutch mount flywheel as is a Spider type.

First the ringgears on the TS should have a thinner section. (Not as thick {or with a larger ID}, than the early 116 RG).

As well look at the surface mount where the flywheel mounts to the crank. On a level surface is the ring gear position relative to the crank mount at the same level.

I have two "Alfetta" type flywheels I`ve lightened and there is slight differences.
In facy I am pretty sure the ringgear on the TS is the later 130 tooth as used on the `90-`94 spider, and the Alfetta/Spider RG is the 131 tooth as used after 1974 but is .015 smaller OD in diameter. (Starters are different!)
Paul Spruel has this RG application covered at:
Ring Gear See Selection for Price

That being said if you are putting a TS in a spider/GTV etc just use the approiate flywheel & starter for the car.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the answer RJ. My half asleep mistake was not mentioning that the 75 TS motor was already in a GTV once before, so it is not an original TS flywheel.

I'm trying to figure out differences in ring gears, so my question should have been "are all 131 ring gears the same"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts