Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone arc brake shoe linings to match the drums anymore? I am trying to find someone with the equipment and knowhow to do mine. I'm in Massachusetts, so would like someone fairly local, since I would have to ship drums and shoes.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
User,This past May I had two front drums turned($14.00ea.),four front shoes relined and arced to match drums($15.00ea.),and everything shipped back to me within a few days from Indiana to Georgia($20.00),for a total of $108.00,not counting my shipping costs to him.Scott is familiar with Alfas so he bevels and arcs the shoes to match their respective drums.He told me that he has a jig set up for this and that the drums will actually become "oval" when braking,so he re-arcs to compensate for this,giving the shoes more surface to contact the drum.He used a whitish,woven brake material on the shoes,riveted and bonded.Better specify "rivet only" if that's what you want.I found out about this place in our messages somewhere,and have no connection to this company.More importantly,these parts are still in my basement,so I can't say how they fit or perform.Good Luck,Phil DiGrazia 61'Giulietta Spider Contact:Brake Material & Parts Inc. 800 Sherman Blvd.,Fort Wayne,IN.46808 Scott: (260)426-3331 It's not Mass. but for $20.00 shipping????

·
Registered
312 Posts
Did you supply the brake material for the brake shoes?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Scott does a great job, and I'll be going to him again on the next car. He did the three shoe front brakes for my Giulia. They were arced, but the linings were still just a little to thick to let the brake drums fit. I had to sand the linings a little by hand to get the drums on.
If you want someone local to do just the arcing, look for a shop that does truck brakes and give them the lining thickness specs that are in the Alfa shop manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts