Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Alfisti,

By the good graces of Member Bill Bergman, the Alfa Romeo Association (ARA) will raffle off ONE PAIR of 2011 Concorso Italiano Exhibitor-Car tickets (current value of $150); details as follow:

-One "Italian-Car Exhibitor" package, including free entry for one exhibitor car and two adults (children under 12 free).
-Two Alfa Romeo Hospitality Tent wrist bands (free food and drinks!).
-One set of maps and related event literature.

Each raffle ticket costs $5, and multiple tickets may be purchased (no refunds). The last day to purchase is Sunday, 7/31. A winner will be drawn and announced on 8/01, and packet mailed to winner on the same day (to a U.S. address only).

The winner may elect to exhibit his/her Alfa Romeo at C.I., or exchange the included "Hang Tag" for a pair of tickets on Thursday 8/18, during vehicle "pre-placement" (please contact Concorso Italiano for detailed instructions).

Raffle tickets may be purchased at the following link to PayPal (credit cards are also accepted). On the "Review Your Information" screen, click on the "Add" link where it asks for YOUR NAME AND E-MAIL ADDRESS and fill out the two pieces of info. asked for:

PayPal - ARA Raffle

Thanks for supporting the ARA, and see you at Concorso Italiano!

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
CORRECTIONS:

We were informed this morning by the organizers at Concorso Italiano that the allowed use of these tickets are different from what we described earlier. In a nutshell, these tickets may only be used if the ticket-holder is exhibiting an Italian vehicle; otherwise, the hang-tag may be exchanged for a pair of spectator tickets, with the difference being $100, payable to Concorso Italiano at the time of exchange - see the following updated descriptions, provided to us by Concorso Italiano. For those of you who have already purchased raffle tickets, and prefer a refund, please reply to this e-mail and we will effect the refund.

ARA will raffle off ONE (1) 2011 Concorso Italiano Vehicle Registration Package which includes:
• Entrance for your registered vehicle and two vehicle occupants as the vehicle enters the event.*
• Two (2) wrist bands for the Alfa Romeo Hospitality Pavilion
• One Event Goodie Bag
• One Collector's Event Magazine (while supplies last)

*you may only exchange your hangtag for tickets if you place the vehicle early on Thrusday, so that you have admission into the event on Friday. If you do not have an Italian Vehicle to show at the event, you may contact Concorso and make arrangements to return the vehicle hangtag before the event and pay the difference for 2 admission tickets.
(2) Admission Tickets = $250 ($125 each)
(1) Vehicle Registration = $150
Difference of $100

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
ARA Raffle for a Pair of Concorso Italiano Tickets

Quite a fiasco, this raffle is. Now the State of California informs that it is illegal to conduct Internet raffles in the state, so it looks like we'll be cancelling the raffle. Sorry to get your hopes up!
Patrick,

There is/was quite an extensive thread here on the bb regarding raffles and the various state rules. The most current attempt was an entity in the Midwest, AIR, trying to raffle an unrestored car, by using the raffle proceeds to restore the car.

Another resource, Gordy, Nicola on the bb and also an AROC Board Member, who handled the raffle of the spider at the 2005 Seattle convention, where the proceeds endowed a Seattle Children's Memorial Fund for one of its members and his wife who had lost children.

There may be a way for a successful charity raffle, but not an outright raffle using the Internet.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the information. The State of CA prohibits Internet raffles, but does not prohibits "physical" raffles, as we discovered; that's an avenue that we can explore in the future. At present, we may use our upcoming General Meeting in early August to physically raffle off the tickets; leaving them to expire doesn't seem to benefit anyone.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
ARA Raffle for a Pair of Concorso Italiano Tickets

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the information. The State of CA prohibits Internet raffles, but does not prohibits "physical" raffles, as we discovered; that's an avenue that we can explore in the future. At present, we may use our upcoming General Meeting in early August to physically raffle off the tickets; leaving them to expire doesn't seem to benefit anyone.
You're welcome, Patrick. Unfortunately, until I retire CI is out of the question because of the rules the current Dean has in place about time-off on convocation weekends, where CI always falls, unless of course, I outlast her.

I'm glad that you've found a solution so the tickets don't go to waste.

Btw, I still owe you some ARA paperwork. Haven't forgotten, just been busy.

·
Push hard and live
11,331 Posts
Well, you could just give the package to me. I've been thinking about bringing the car over for CI, but the hotel price sort of scared me off. The freebie entry might make it palatable.

OK - so I'm not expecting the tickets in the mail next week, but I have no idea where or when your meeting is being held, either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts